Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morning! It is Friday, thank goodness. We are back into the teens with snow for today and the weekend. I have one kid home with some mild reactions to her Covid booster and one headed off here shortly. My work day is jammed packed and so is my personal goal list. Gonna be a day! Enjoy it and stay safe!
Remember Benadryl if you aren’t already. It’s amazing stuff for any reaction!

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter ... we band stuff up to 800 lbs but you have to use a special type of bander... we use a Callicrate brand, there is a "california" brand one I think. My best suggestion is to call the vet and see if they will castrate for you... take to the vet's office, run it in their chute... they do it and that way you can be sure he is done right and they can watch him for a little bit. Please watch the "signs" and do in the waning moon... in the thighs going down into the feet... like inbetween last quarter going into new moon... least amount of blood flow..... The vet might actually cut him....
The callicrate bander we use cuts the circulation off in about 20 minutes so they no longer have any feeling either... actually works pretty good... You HAVE to give a shot of TETANUS TOXOID when you do it.... and we give a shot of blackleg also.... just because they are already in the chute.... the sack will get cold in 24 hours or so and in 2-3 days will actually start to shrivel up a little.... they will have "bullish" characteristics for 30-90 days.... and can get a female pregnant for the first 10 days or so because of what is in the "pipeline" but it seldom happens. Some will act like bulls for 6 months... some don't ever act bullish....
Make sure they get a shot of TETANUS TOXOID.... NOT antitoxin....
PM me if you want and we can talk....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter ... we band stuff up to 800 lbs but you have to use a special type of bander... we use a Callicrate brand, there is a "california" brand one I think. My best suggestion is to call the vet and see if they will castrate for you... take to the vet's office, run it in their chute... they do it and that way you can be sure he is done right and they can watch him for a little bit. Please watch the "signs" and do in the waning moon... in the thighs going down into the feet... like inbetween last quarter going into new moon... least amount of blood flow..... The vet might actually cut him....
The callicrate bander we use cuts the circulation off in about 20 minutes so they no longer have any feeling either... actually works pretty good... You HAVE to give a shot of TETANUS TOXOID when you do it.... and we give a shot of blackleg also.... just because they are already in the chute.... the sack will get cold in 24 hours or so and in 2-3 days will actually start to shrivel up a little.... they will have "bullish" characteristics for 30-90 days.... and can get a female pregnant for the first 10 days or so because of what is in the "pipeline" but it seldom happens. Some will act like bulls for 6 months... some don't ever act bullish....
Make sure they get a shot of TETANUS TOXOID.... NOT antitoxin....
PM me if you want and we can talk....
I knew about Tetanus but everything else is new info. Thank You so much for being willing to share your knowledge and wisdom 👍

This bull was a spring birth, so it should be about the same size as my other two steers.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got this email from World Vision this afternoon regarding afghanistan and asking for prayer. I thought I would drop it here for you all to read and shed a tear and pray over.

A new year can bring new beginnings, but to the people of Afghanistan, this new year is bringing a worsening emergency. The combined effects of ongoing drought, decades of conflict, displacement, and COVID-19 have driven them into a dire humanitarian crisis.

Nearly 23 million people — over half the population — are facing acute levels of food insecurity and malnutrition. A water crisis continues to unfold, with 40% of the country’s crops lost to drought in 2021. Millions desperately need food, clean water, healthcare, and protection from abusive situations, with women and children’s rights at serious risk.

World Vision is continuing to serve in Afghanistan, as we have for over 20 years — aiming to help 1 million people in the coming months with food assistance, healthcare, child protection, clean water, and sanitation programs. We’re currently partnering with community leaders in over 2,000 villages and have already reached nearly a quarter million people with life-saving aid.

We know that God is near to those who are brokenhearted and living in fear. Will you join us in lifting the people of Afghanistan up to the Lord? Our prayer is to be able to help as many vulnerable children, women, and families as possible to weather this crisis and be empowered to experience fullness of life. Please pray for:
  • An end to violence and conflict
  • Protection for the vulnerable — especially women and children
  • An end to the hunger crisis
  • Safety and stamina for our dedicated staff
  • God’s peace and comfort for those living on the edge of hope
We’re so grateful for your support and prayers as we work together to be the hands and feet of Jesus to people in desperate need. Thank you for your commitment to children and families affected by poverty and disaster. May God bless your faithfulness, today and in the year ahead.

Your friends at World Vision

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all. A big HOWDY! To @Grandmas Porch I hope your moving is going well with no problems. When you can, let us know that you are ok and moved in.

I’m in the Groveton house. Brought a load yesterday and unloaded. Also brought a recliner, such comfort! I’ve got a paint bucket to set my coffee cup on, I’m good.

Leaving today, I’ll be back Monday. The carpenter,Chris and I will get busy on the horrible bedroom that will be mine. He’s already started, there is no walk through hole in the back wall anymore and I can’t see daylight through the front wall. We have to tape and float, texture, kilz the walls, paint, pull up rotted carpet, wad up pad, fill in a gap where carport joined the house and lay tile. I hope we get it all done! Moving furniture the weekend of February 5,

Today I’ll put the last coat of paint on the living room trim, another coat of paint on the two closet doors I finally found and another coat on the inside of the back door.