Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is about gone. Still dark outside. I got hog panels yesterday so think I’ll start setting up my sheep working equipment. Since the run will go across the place where the round bale is set, I’ll have to make that removable. Yeah, it will be a temporary rigged up sort of thing with my usual hay string extravaganza. But I haven’t had it set up in way too long. Poor Lucy’s hooves are so long, I should be ashamed, but I not. I moved twice and had knee replacement surgery, but they never missed a meal, they have had shelter, not great, but shelter, so now I play catch up. Sunny day today and I’m gonna be out in it.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coffee is about gone. Still dark outside. I got hog panels yesterday so think I’ll start setting up my sheep working equipment. Since the run will go across the place where the round bale is set, I’ll have to make that removable. Yeah, it will be a temporary rigged up sort of thing with my usual hay string extravaganza. But I haven’t had it set up in way too long. Poor Lucy’s hooves are so long, I should be ashamed, but I not. I moved twice and had knee replacement surgery, but they never missed a meal, they have had shelter, not great, but shelter, so now I play catch up. Sunny day today and I’m gonna be out in it.
Have a great day,

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I take my dogs to the vet for their care, when it’s something I can’t do. Not long ago, Sentry lost his appetite and it got serious real quick. He’s a Anatolian LGD. He peed red, there was blood in his urine. Instead of running him immediately to the vet, I put a leash on him, took a plastic container and took him walking to go pee again. I caught urine in the container so the vet could test it, THEN went to the vet. Urine analysis suggested he had been poisoned. No poison used in that field, could not identify what it could have been. @farmerjan suggested that maybe he ate a frog at the pond. Who knows? Sentry spent a week at the vet on IV and steroids. Then another week in the house, before I let him in the field during the day for several days, before returning him to work full time.

Like many here, I do a lot of my own vet care. When it comes down to crunch time, I won’t hesitate to go to the vet.

Awesome dog. My buddy, my partner. Sentry. Incidentally he has hip dysplasia and underwent Femoral Head Ostectomy at 9 months old, followed by 4 months of intensive therapy by me. Worth every penny spent, worth every moment spent on his recovery. Fantastic sheep guardian, incredible intelligence and absolutely devoted to me.

A8046C4D-1C74-4693-9CA4-A6D48A8482CD.jpeg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This morning my neighbor found his and part of our mail laying in the ditch, wet from last night's dew, he was upset. Both of our mail box doors were closed. He called the post office to report it, I could tell he held back in his words. We find it odd some of our mail was on the ground along with all of his and both our mail box doors were closed. Maybe our mail courier was having a bad day? Impossible of me to know, but Almighty knows all. We believe all our mail has been recovered, so all is good. I pray our mail carrier will have a better day today.

I hope you enjoy your day, I know I sure will 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸