Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Well, the Windows 7 to clean and reset to factory set up, same with Windows 10 BUT the stinking windows XP does not reset to factory default, I have been truing to get this on cleaned all day- works slower that a sloth
holy cow, an all day project,
I will be working on it tomorrow I am sure :he

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Well, the Windows 7 to clean and reset to factory set up, same with Windows 10 BUT the stinking windows XP does not reset to factory default, I have been truing to get this on cleaned all day- works slower that a sloth
holy cow, an all day project,
I will be working on it tomorrow I am sure :he
Hang in there! 🤗

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I’ll be up and at ‘em today. I got most of my sheep working equipment set up yesterday, I’ll finish up today. Poor sheep haven’t been properly worked in over a year. The way I have it set up, I can clip the gate to the chute, so they have to walk through the chutes and gates to go from their pen to pasture. I set up the sorting gate, so will be able to sort them. I have 8 ewes I want to put with my new ram, this will be a tremendous improvement to have this set up. I’ll be able to give shots, take fecal samples, worm, trim feet and give them the attention they need, but don’t really want. :lol: I can’t do the chase/flying tackle, but I can close a gate behind them so they can’t get away! This is a temporary set up, temporary as in a year, hopefully no more than 2 years. Y’all know how it goes…….. I’m excited to finally get this set up and ready to work sheep!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is a temporary set up, temporary as in a year, hopefully no more than 2 years. Y’all know how it goes…
Ooohhh yeah!! Know how it goes. It works, applause for that. 😁

I'm getting ready to work up a couple "temporary" setups myself this week. It actually helps you see how & where improvements can/need be made later. 👍

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I’ll be up and at ‘em today. I got most of my sheep working equipment set up yesterday, I’ll finish up today. Poor sheep haven’t been properly worked in over a year. The way I have it set up, I can clip the gate to the chute, so they have to walk through the chutes and gates to go from their pen to pasture. I set up the sorting gate, so will be able to sort them. I have 8 ewes I want to put with my new ram, this will be a tremendous improvement to have this set up. I’ll be able to give shots, take fecal samples, worm, trim feet and give them the attention they need, but don’t really want. :lol: I can’t do the chase/flying tackle, but I can close a gate behind them so they can’t get away! This is a temporary set up, temporary as in a year, hopefully no more than 2 years. Y’all know how it goes…….. I’m excited to finally get this set up and ready to work sheep!
Oh what fun, really I am so happy you are back to it.
I have been married 40 years, I cant imagine life without DH BUT- there are times he says no way cuz ??? well sometimes I dont know why other than he doesnt want to be bothered :lol:
but I REALLY want a milk goat!!!!
so, working on it :rolleyes::oops::p:gig

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In Texas it is illegal to give rabies shots. Those must be done at the vet.

Years ago you could give your own rabies shots - but without veterinarian certification it wouldn't stand up in a legal case. In some circumstances "do it yourself" is not always the best idea!

Once the last phase of this Veterinary law goes into effect in June, there will be a bigger problem with getting vets to do farm work because they will be overwhelmed... and the paperwork is going to be insane. You will have to have a good relationship with a vet because 90% of all antibiotics will be vet prescribed .... and that will cause delays in animals getting treated if you do not have a good relationship with a vet.
Here the rabies could be acquired at TSC/name your farm store, but again not holding up in court. Then they switched to buy at a vet, even certain flea/tick meds have to be acquired from the vet. Not sure if the vet has to give the rabies now or not. They keep changing the laws "for the better" when it's just making it more difficult for anyone to get anything done affordably. Or making it not get done at all.

We have some pretty big spreads here and I know they do in TX as well. My neighbor is 21,000 acres in 3 branches. I forget how many steers they run a year, in the 1,000's. In some places a dog that is let completely loose couldn't reach the neighbors and still make it home for dinner. lol
But the "rules" the new laws are for those who don't work/dr. cattle/livestock for a living.

Having some of those meds and antibiotics on hand can mean the difference between an animal making it or not. Meaning living with no vet or dying before you can get something loaded and brought to a vet or getting an emergency farm visit.

Latest posts