Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had my coffee. Made a run for dry cat food -- that's the latest empty shelf issue btw -- and starter chick feed. Home and enjoying sunshine and warming after a very unwelcome 23 temp this morning -- with a frosted white everything!!! 😡. Hens are showing their displeasure of the roller coaster weather..fewer eggs. I have plenty, so the joke is on them. 😁🤷

Now -- have lunch. 👍 Then I'll decide what my mood allows.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:lol: the girls apparently read the forum -- after lunch I went out and had 9 eggs waiting. While out, I saw I needed to milk -- let it slip this morn at chores, in a hurry -- so that netted me another 3/4 gal. That kid just can't drink enough! 😁. It's ok, I can use the milk...but, looking at 2.5 gal in 3 days of sharing. Weaning 5 kids from 2 more does in 4 days. :idunnoits why I don't buy a cow. I'm blessed beyond needs. 👍. Calling customers in a few....come and get it!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! On my second cup, then finish up last few things on taxes, ready for CPA appointment this morning. Feed, do chores, and out the door and gone. I’ll have to leave Buford penned up while I’m gone, so he is not tempted to chase lambs. He’s been doing real good. I stick my head out the door, bellow BUFORD NO!! and he stops, runs to the gate and I go out to tell him what a bad boy he is. :lol: Now I see him processing the thought, turning his head towards the house in case I’m watching, and not chasing-sometimes.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Good thing @baymule has coffee because once again my pot is already empty.
Good Luck with your taxes @baymule.
Guess what everyone! We are 1/2way through the week so HAPPY "Hump Day" WEDNESDAY!!!!
FH told me last night that if we can get a neighbor (very good friends) of ours to tend to our dogs we are going to North Carolina April 8th seeing how his sister is going to be there and wants to see him. Am I really happy about having to deal with his sister? Nope, I am not but it's only going to be for a few hours so yes I'll be able to handle it plus FH wants me to meet some of his family members so I have no choice but to go.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well Vetbond works quite well on humans.

Was closing the silkie pens up after dark. I always check for rats climbing the fence and grab their tails to pull them through and kill. Hermes decided to "help". He pulled the front half through so it turned and flayed open part of my index knuckle.

No I didn't let go. The rat was dying after that.

And no I didn't get a rat tooth stuck in me this time. That was the first thing both my mom and hubby asked.

Cleaned up finger and dripped a little of the Vetbond on the bent knuckle. Had to do it twice because of bleeding, but it sealed it right up. Worked much better than a bandaid.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Country homesteader when you get a man, you get his family too. Only way I know to avoid that is get an orphan. Since you are in love with this one, I don’t see an orphan in your future. Suck it up buttercup. It’s a package deal. :thumbsup Make the best of it and don’t make him feel bad for wanting to see his family. He’s proud of you and wants to show you off. 💕

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Make the best of it and don’t make him feel bad for wanting to see his family.
I'm not going to make him feel bad for wanting to see his family but his family (mostly his sister!!!!) will make him feel bad for bringing me seeing how for some unknown reason she hates me and has ever since she met me way back when.
GOOD THURSDAY MORNING Y'ALL!!! Hold in there we're almost to the weekend.