Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. High of 85F today. It’s sunny and bright. Going to move a mailbox today. Then I can call the county and get my culvert extended.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yesterday at fivish, I was driving me and hubs to Lowes. I saw an accident as it happened. A woman pulled out from a stop sign onto the busy two way street and ran right into the front right corner of an older car. She TOTOALED her Porsche Cayenne! I stopped cus I saw it happen. Hubs said to keep going. I looked at him with disgust and said I'll be back. Luckily I had a really bright pink Tshirt on, so I got both directions of traffic stopped and I ran across both lanes to the accident.

The Porsche had both air bags deploy - her steering wheel one and her knee one. It was very smokey in the cab, so I opened three of the four doors and the back hatch. I made her sit there to get composed. She has a huge bruise forming on her right front of her leg, between the knee and the ankle. Prob the air bag. Another man was tending to the old man in the older car. He was shaking like a leaf and his hand was cut. Lots of folks called 911, but it took maybe 10 min before they showed up. In the meantime, a large red pickup , belonging to the fire dept, stopped and helped too. He called his comrades at his station, who came right away.

Do you know that nowadays police and fire are huge people? Course there were no females there, but those men Towered OVER me. Even hubs noted it as he sat in my car on the other side of the roadway.

Poor younger gal. It was her hubs car, he's outa town, there was a babysitter at her home with her kid, nobody to pick her up. I volunteered, but then the police man said he would make sure that she got home safely. She refused the ambulance. So did the old man.

We went on to Lowes and by the time we got back, all was gone but the orangie liquid from her car, sprinkled with sand.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday at fivish, I was driving me and hubs to Lowes. I saw an accident as it happened. A woman pulled out from a stop sign onto the busy two way street and ran right into the front right corner of an older car. She TOTOALED her Porsche Cayenne! I stopped cus I saw it happen. Hubs said to keep going. I looked at him with disgust and said I'll be back. Luckily I had a really bright pink Tshirt on, so I got both directions of traffic stopped and I ran across both lanes to the accident.

The Porsche had both air bags deploy - her steering wheel one and her knee one. It was very smokey in the cab, so I opened three of the four doors and the back hatch. I made her sit there to get composed. She has a huge bruise forming on her right front of her leg, between the knee and the ankle. Prob the air bag. Another man was tending to the old man in the older car. He was shaking like a leaf and his hand was cut. Lots of folks called 911, but it took maybe 10 min before they showed up. In the meantime, a large red pickup , belonging to the fire dept, stopped and helped too. He called his comrades at his station, who came right away.

Do you know that nowadays police and fire are huge people? Course there were no females there, but those men Towered OVER me. Even hubs noted it as he sat in my car on the other side of the roadway.

Poor younger gal. It was her hubs car, he's outa town, there was a babysitter at her home with her kid, nobody to pick her up. I volunteered, but then the police man said he would make sure that she got home safely. She refused the ambulance. So did the old man.

We went on to Lowes and by the time we got back, all was gone but the orangie liquid from her car, sprinkled with sand.
You are a Hero

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

You did the right thing.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I need to clean house. DD and family are swinging by this weekend. Will probably spend one night, drop off the two little girls and go home. Oldest turns 16 in 2 weeks and will get intensive driving lessons before her test, so she can get her license. Then they can send her to run the errands they don’t want to do. That’s why we have teenagers, right?