Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh the list for today Friday June #2
Top of the list is to keep an eye on the new broody hen.
last evening she got up to eat and was off the nest to long so I took the 3 eggs she had, I didnt know she had a third one. But when I went out at 9:30 to close the door lolol she was back in her box. She is a bigger hen than broody hen#1, so I took 3 of the light brown ones from the little hen [ she had 7 eggs] and tucked them under her. She was still on the nest this morning, so she can keep the 3 eggs as long as she stays on the nest.

I can see the nesting box from the kitchen window
image_16842241.JPG

image_16836353.JPG

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Next on the list, AFTER MORE COFFEE,
We are back to our normal outdoor temps. [ it was oddly hot in May]
it is 45 out,,??? I think my tomatoes ????? may need covered at night ?? I haven decided, I think if my hands are cold so are the tomatoes :caf I will get my sheet of plastic out,,,
j.JPG

Feed the dogs, Get a pork roast in the oven and a pot of beans in the pressure cooker, laundry going and hung, dishes done,
the watering done,
cook up some rice,
clean out the ash from the wood stoves, go through the house with the duster, wash rugs, clean bathrooms, wash windows on the inside, vacuum,
3pm eat supper---
My Grandson #2 of 6 is 13 today,

So 15 more min of coffee time and I'll get rolling. You know how lists work........ other things come up and mess up the plan.... I am determined to not get waylaid :gig 🧹🧺🚽🛁🧽🪣🪟 👩‍🦳 🎉🛍️🎊🪅
And then TOMORROW mop all of the floors

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone!
I can't say coffee is hot and ready seeing how it's all gone ALREADY. I think @baymule and @Grandmas Porch got to the pot already. Oh yeah I just had to fight with @Mini Horses in order to get my 2nd cup. Hopefully someone else has some more going.
That's what I did yesterday. I so wish I would have taken a before pic but I didn't think about it until after I was done. I am in same boat as @Grandmas Porch I can barely move today even though I took a hot shower to loosen muscles that was getting tight by the time I finished even though there's a small section where FH is going to have to weed eat.
:loveGreat work on the flower bed

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Grandmas Porch That's a lotta list right there! 🤫

We had a cooler than normal May...with rainy every day, last 10 days. Not liking all that gloom. And couldn't get much done. Looking like all the weather systems are about out after Sat night. Hope so. Time off work and work here to get done!!!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Grandmas Porch That's a lotta list right there! 🤫

We had a cooler than normal May...with rainy every day, last 10 days. Not liking all that gloom. And couldn't get much done. Looking like all the weather systems are about out after Sat night. Hope so. Time off work and work here to get done!!!
It was a weird May I tell ya, it was late June/July weather,, my grass has browned out already,, yes, so much to get done before Oct. My herbs are ready to be cut and hung to dry but I'll get them tomorrow, after I clean the house, and HOLY COW it will be time to start putting up fire wood

Capturem.JPG

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had a rough night since I have trouble getting to sleep. Power initially went off a bit past 8pm. That automatic rerouting they have kicked and it came back on a minute later.

Local news group put out warning the main road is closed both direction shortly after because some idiot was driving over 100 mph down it and missed the curve taking out at least one pole. (Speeders missing the curve happens a lot. Its 45 for a reason.)

Then power goes off just after midnight. Fan stopping wakes me. Urgh. I take care of generator. Linemen worked quick. Est repair time was 330 but they had it on again just past 130. Which of course woke me again when fan started. Take care of generator and attempt to get back to sleep.

Just after 6am. Sense of being loomed over and licking wake me. Hermes wants out of the bedroom for a drink. I just want my sleep

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rolling along!!

✅Feed the dogs,
filled all the humming bird feeders✅
Made a pitcher of sweet tea with mint✅
✅Get a pork roast in the oven and a pot of beans in the pressure cooker ✅I made black eyed peas
✅cook up some rice,
✅ laundry going and hung
✅dishes done
✅the watering done,
✅wash rugs, clean bathrooms
✅vacuumed

🌟MAKING Cornbread muffins🌟

clean out the ash from the wood stoves
go through the house with the duster
wash windows on the inside,

3pm eat supper---

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A night to remember! 😱🤣

Haha. It was better than a couple years ago when this one particular pole south of us that can't reroute was hit 3 separate times in a week. It's on a straight road with no intersections or even drives anywhere near it.