Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter .... why do you not have fence for the lambs? You do NOT have to have sheep and goat fencing... normal woven wire will work fine once they get a little size to them. My DS runs all his sheep in "normal" woven wire fencing. 6 " stays is fine especially for anything that does not have horns to get stuck... once they can't get their heads through if they have horn, no big deal. If no horns, then not a big problem. And sheep do not try to get their heads through the top wire reaching for something that they cannot possibly reach and try to hang themselves like a goat.....
I got sheep and goat fencing because I want to keep the chickens in.... and then I can put anything else here at the house. I would have saved $100 plus a roll and gone with regular woven wire type fencing but the chickens and foxes and such can get through it easier...

Or was that a convenient "reason" to not get any lambs?????:hide:lol::lol::bow:bow
Hmmm, you have me second guessing myself AGAIN 🤣 I do have the middle pasture and about 5 acres in woven wire..perhaps I should go back and have a look-see at them. They could run with the cattle for a while I guess.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well Holy cow , I dont know what to say about the dogs, how old is Buford now?
Buford is 9 months old.
Sentry is normally safe with ewes and newborns, he’s very protective. Protecting from mom is wrong. That was HIS baby! Uhhhh…. NOPE!
I’m just glad Nora didn’t reject her dog slobbered baby.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Experienced a major snow event at the summit of Pikes Peak yesterday. Caught the staff by surprise. It partially cleared, so got some pix, including looking down on a rain/snowbow. Heading home today. Now to dance around the DFW weather with our flights.
20230609_162616.jpg
received_1745725795880950.jpeg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning,
Coffees Ready,
I hope you have a productive day and take a break to just sit a while on the porch and listen to the birds.
Its not fully light out yet, 5am, 50 out & overcast and and may rain, but I think coffee on the morning porch would be nice 😉 with a blanket 😅 its not a warm 50.
image_17174017.JPG
All of the grandboys have ball games today, DDIL is a super hero , she is out there with the baby ALL day game #1 usually starts at 9am and game 4 starts at 3pm and isnt over until close to 5pm.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Experienced a major snow event at the summit of Pikes Peak yesterday. Caught the staff by surprise. It partially cleared, so got some pix, including looking down on a rain/snowbow. Heading home today. Now to dance around the DFW weather with our flights.View attachment 23547View attachment 23546
You are going through DFW? That oughta be a load of fun! Good luck ! I think airports are lessons in mass confusion, patience and honing skills of getting lost.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
You are going through DFW? That oughta be a load of fun! Good luck ! I think airports are lessons in mass confusion, patience and honing skills of getting lost.
Got a warning last night about possible weather delays... moved the flights up to mid day (we had the last flight out originally). Just got an alert the new outbound flight is delayed.