Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
its-tuesday-here-1.jpg

All you need for a cup of coffee is right next to the coffee machine so brew a cup and enjoy while waking up. I would say go sit on the patio but it's very humid already at this time and it's only suppose to get worse on the temp today.
I apologize for not saying anything yesterday I was still in "recovery mode" from Sunday plus FH and I went grocery shopping yesterday morning then just sat in front of TV after we got groceries put away. I think we both ended up taking naps in our chairs for a little bit but I don't really know.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Up and out this morning. Waiting at dentist. 8am check up. What a way to start a day.😵‍💫😂

rather get it done early or later than have it break up the whole day. especially this time of the year as i got plenty that needs to get done.

just heading out to pick tomatoes and then dry beans until it gets too hot out or it rains. brother and nephew are coming over for lunch and a visit. will send them away with plenty to eat. Mom's been busy making stuffed green peppers.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First time ever trying beef bacon 😋 one of our local processors cuts and packages it. I thought I would give it a try. I don't think it's cured or seasoned at all and I'm unsure what cut it comes from, the belly perhaps? IDK... I can say it's delicious though. there were 6 pieces (were) 😂View attachment 24495

Yellow pine logs from yesterday, 4 bucked at 12' 6". should make good 2x6's.
View attachment 24496

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Beef bacon? Please find out where he cuts it from. Maybe in a year or two, I’ll raise a steer and I sure would like to try that.
They downgraded the level 3 area to level 2 as the fire moved east instead of west. So Mom's still in level 2. As long as the wind stays normal, they should be fine now. The fire is out in the scrub with sagebrush and russian olive trees. The outcroppings of basalt make getting fire trucks out there impossible. They keep dropping water from planes and copters.

It's not a big townsite. Half is in level 2 and the other half is in level 1.
that is good news, I know you are relieved.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ooof, it's a morning 😵

I'm snuggling my dog to console him. He wanted my breakfast, but he couldn't find the words until after I was done. "Share Eat" he says.

He's fat. And already ate his breakfast, half of my other dog's breakfast, and the cat's treats.

He'll be fine. Physically. Emotionally? ... IDK if he'll survive. :gig