Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good-morning-coffee-images.jpg

1694593191735.jpeg

Good Morning All!!
whatever you are looking for for your wake up drink is available so help yourself and let's sit on the patio in the cool morning air of 66.
I have dentist appointment this afternoon :rant:duc:hit.
FH might have to take that traffic control safety course AGAIN seeing how there's issues with the instructor who held the class and the way he did it.
Here in a few need to get kitchen in order so I can get FH surprise HOMECOOKED dinner going because he's going to be home later this afternoon. Him and his crew did a 4 day job (AND YES IT WAS CORRECTLY DONE) in 2 days which the BIG BOSS is mighty happy about that.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know much, but I do know all three calves are bull calves as a matter of fact I am 100% certain of this.

I also know belted galloways have some crazy hairdos. If it were me, I would name daisy's calf elvis. but I don't get to name the farm animals around here, only care for them. 1 week old today, time sure flies in earth.
Screenshot_20230911-192704.png

I also know that cattle like doing what cattle do best, that's simply being cattle.
Screenshot_20230912-192548.png

One other thing I know, I like the belted galloway breed very much. momma belted galloways are good mommas and protective of their calves. baby belted galloway cattle are easy to spot because of their white belt and just as easy to identify by the width of their belt. so no ear tags are necessary, atleast for our tiny herd. can you spot three baby moos by their unique belts in the following two pictures? it's pretty easy hu?
Screenshot_20230912-200313.png

Screenshot_20230912-192216.png

The last thing I know, there is no shortage of milk around here 😁

Last edited:

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
coffee-good-morning.gif

All you need for your morning brew is beside the coffee pot so make a cup and join me on the patio while it's only 64 out. This afternoon it's only suppose to get to mid 80s but there isn't going to be a lot of humidity which is good.
@CrealCritter with all that surplus of milk you can make HOMEMADE yogurt, cheese, butter and ICE CREAM!!!!! I love baby calves!!!!!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Love the cows. The calves are so "huggable" looking 💕🤫. You put Romeo back with those new moms already ? 🤔🥴 I'd wouldn't have but, 🤷

@Country homesteader I agree lotta milking to be had--except I don't think any are tamed enough to try it. One kick can put a real hurting on you! But just because it's a cow, doesn't mean you must milk. 🥰😂

Breaking daylight. Will do a quick check on livestock, then head to work. Glad this is last day of it this week! Long day again.

Hope everyone has a great day! 😁👍

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Love the cows. The calves are so "huggable" looking 💕🤫. You put Romeo back with those new moms already ? 🤔🥴 I'd wouldn't have but, 🤷

@Country homesteader I agree lotta milking to be had--except I don't think any are tamed enough to try it. One kick can put a real hurting on you! But just because it's a cow, doesn't mean you must milk. 🥰😂

Breaking daylight. Will do a quick check on livestock, then head to work. Glad this is last day of it this week! Long day again.

Hope everyone has a great day! 😁👍
Ok, if you posted tis at 3:30 my time thats 6:30 your time :oops: :caf ok Iam better I had to do the time zone math
I was thinkin'n "why was she up at 12:30 midnight:hu

Have a great work day!!!!!