Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
images

It's all by the coffee pot (including tea bags and Hot Cocoa packets) so brew a cup or make a glass of Iced Coffee. I apologize for not posting sooner I laid on the couch to relax my back and neck after FH left for work this morning, I relaxed so much I fell back asleep and just woke up a little bit ago.
It's 60 and foggy here (lifting slowly).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i haven't moved too much yet, but i think i'll try to get a cup of hot chocolate mixed with some fake coffee to pretend it is a mocha and put only a little sugar in it so it's not so sweet even though what i really want is something more like maple syrup straight from the bottle... :) sugar jonesing isn't for the weak...

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've been sorting and cleaning out my side of the garage. Also arranging my deep pantry. I think I have tooooooo much food. I get alot of it from estate sales, along with drug store stuff, for usually 50 cents or a buck. Full unopened things.

There was a call out on FB for the local school district for some hygiene items. Who knew that they have a small stock of things to give to students who have NOTHING. So when I was cleaning out my part of the garage, I found some scrounged DWasher pods, some shampoo and conditioner from estate sales, some Downey which I don't use, and some other things. I dropped them off at the designated place on Tuesday. Their little room was full of students (5 or 6) who turned and stared at me. I piped up and said that I saw on FB that these things were needed, so here they are!! All of the students broke into smiles as did the coordinator!!

Since I've never heard back from my local little town food bank, I think in November I'll go volunteer with FISH. Its a Vancouver place, about 25 min away sadly, but I need to do this for my sanity.

"FISH of Vancouver started more than 50 years ago when the urgent need for food and community spirit and will came together. We operated from a garage then a rented church space staffed entirely by volunteers. We now have a full-time staff of three, hundreds of volunteers and serve thousands of individuals each year from our own large food pantry and warehouse at 906 Harney Street in downtown Vancouver."

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's so VEEERRRRRYYYYY true!!! I have a hard time fighting it every day and more times than I count I lose.

i've done ok today so far, i did not have any extra sugar in anything so if i can keep today to a square of good chocolate and a cookie i'm ahead of where i thought i was going to be earlier this morning. i'll take every small victory i can get. :)

in the past i've done well by keeping a lid on things most of the week and then having one day where i loosen up a bit and can have more treats.

i did cut up some apples and enjoyed munching on those and the extra skins from the apples that Mom eats as she doesn't want those and i'm like the family dog that eats everything so that is pretty filling and also the apples were sweet enough that it fit my craving so i didn't get into anything extra.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i did cut up some apples and enjoyed munching on those and the extra skins
@flowerbug Apples are good for you as they have natural sugar which isn't suppose to be bad for you.
I'm trying to enjoy whatever I can seeing how tomorrow late morning I have to have 4 teeth pulled :mad::rant:somad

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think I have tooooooo much food.
ME, TOO! That's why I started my "no shop all winter" a month early :lol: if I get low, I can buy more but, this makes me use what's here! In the spring I treat myself if I've been a good user! 😁 it's normally a farm related "treat/thing" from $ saved. 👍

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ae624978e7d5bcac2a71c6a494549da8.jpg

Everything (including Tea Bags and Hot Cocoa packets) is by the coffee pot so brew a cup or make a glass of Iced Coffee then let's sit out on the patio in the 61 FOGGY morning air.
@baymule How is that little lamb doing you gave to neighbors months ago? I know I know it's not so little anymore seeing how it's been months now and animals grow so fast with proper nutrition and care.

Latest posts