Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
38F here this morning. sunshine and cooler today with some wind. i'm not sure what i'll get up to today... shelling some beans this morning and contemplating breakfast or brunch. not sure there either yet...

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Flew-the-Coop2.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My Nov weather is here a month early, uninvited. :rolleyes: 39 on my porch this morn, only 64 inside. Brrr. Cold front here for a couple days -- reminding me to get busy on winter checks & preps!

Bet my chickens are unimpressed -- molting is leaving some bare bods. Roosters are embarrassed with their tail feathers gone! Looking funny.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We were 39 also... a forewarning like @Mini Horses said to get things ready. We got the cattle moved out of WV pasture yesterday and they were calling for some snow flurries...glad we got done there. Their trees were absolutely gorgeous... colors really changing there fast... This cold will hasten ours to change now...
Back to work, a farm wants to test this aft... gee, a little notice would be nice....:th:idunno:idunno

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Similar weather here. 37 degrees this morning. DS8 tried to wear shorts to school. He wouldn't have made it to the bus stop! I'm a very mean mom for making him put long pants on. :rolleyes:

I go outside to do work in shorts and a t shirt in that temp when I'm acclimated to it or colder. I have plenty of my own insulation, though.