Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cooked pasta offers some carbs to chickens in winter😁 cook a couple handful of lentils for protein....they will eat those straight from the package, too. No harder than corn, higher protein. Nothing to waste. Cans of free past date food -- sorry TSC :lol:

My girls dined on some bread that had a couple spots of mold, this morning...plus 2 apples trying to rot....😊 They fought over them. Like tree drops. No worse than dead grub worms.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had a little rain move through yesterday and then again in the evening. This morning it was overcast, windy, cool. Cattle crew laying around chewing cud and sleeping. Same with the rest of the critters, they are just laying around.

Looks as though fall is here. Although the leaves haven't really started turning fully yet, just partially. Looks like 40s - 50s overnight and 50s - 60s during the day is the new normal for a while (typical fall weather). good for growing cabbages 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
in the past i've written about getting kids to eat raw carrots by giving them jr. mints... well tonight i was the picky kid who didn't really want to eat chunks of raw carrots but i know i should eat them anyways so i bribed myself with some jr. mints. 1 jr mint per chunk of carrot. :) turns out they're pretty darned good - maybe next time i add peanut butter... ??? :) :) :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My day is half gone.🤷. Not a lot left to do....then inside to oven cook something for supper & warm house a little. Wet out after over an 1" of rain yesterday. Sun comes & goes, a bit of dreary.🫤

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1697444422357.jpeg

It's all by the coffee pot which is just about empty right now seeing how I had 1 cup then had to fill FH travel mug with hot and now I'm about to go get 2nd cup. IT SURELY IS CHILLY OUT THERE THIS MORNING-41 🥶😰 so I think going to just stay inside where it's sort of warm (well warmer than outside that is). Here in a few gotta get started on the house seeing how I had "bridal appointment" to do yesterday and didn't get home till later on so I'm behind schedule just a wee bit, started the house yesterday while waiting on FH to get up. He's currently on his way to work to go to Charlottesville then tomorrow they're going back to Roanoke for 1-2 days.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chilly here this morning too. Fall is here! 😁 47 on porch and 63 in my house 😵‍💫 that's way cooler than I like but, leaving for work in 5 min, so not turning on a heater! I'll take the chill off after I get home tonight. I could do this as winter....it's as cold as I'd like for that season🤔. I'm a cold wimp. Brrr is bad.😁

Looks like a week of same weather and a week of same work. 🤷. 5 days of sameness 🫤

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
fake stuff again this morning. i'm trying to use it up. the jar is probably 5yrs old and still about half full...

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
40 here this morning, mostly cloudy. Supposed to be a few snow flurries to the west in the mountains... nothing much here... It is FALL....
Finished sorting and weighing all the different varieties of potatoes this morning... soooo glad to be done... some did good, some not so much.