Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee! On second cup. Brief pause in the pounding rain, but still kinda dark outside. It’s a race between daylight and the next wave of pounding rain. Face it, I’m going to be a drowned rat in getting chores done.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Face it, I’m going to be a drowned rat in getting chores done.
Nice hot shower, warmed up DRY clothes, cup of coffee (or tea), sofa or recliner with a good book/ movie and enjoy the PAUSE (that's why we get rain showers to make us take a PAUSE).

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's currently 52F degrees, calm winds and wet.

Out of curiosity... I checked the record high temperature for today for the closest town which was 78F in 1948. We're nowhere near the record high, but oh Lord, I'll gladly take the 50's all day long ❤️

Wanted to add plantmaps seems to be good for checking historical temperature records.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice hot shower, warmed up DRY clothes, cup of coffee (or tea), sofa or recliner with a good book/ movie and enjoy the PAUSE (that's why we get rain showers to make us take a PAUSE).
PAUSE! Ummmm…… no. First I had a freeze, hauling boiling water in buckets to pour in the frozen buckets so sheep could get a drink. Took about 3 hours to feed and water. Cold, miserable. Sheep were cold, hunkered down in their shelters to get out of the wind. Not fun!

Then a couple days of sunshine. Dogs, horse, sheep and I enjoyed it!

Then the FLOOD! Mud, mud, and poop soup! The sheep pens are boot sucking slop. They are muddy and miserable. I’m wet, muddy and not having fun. Would rather be tap dancing on trash can lids. Hahaha!

Anatolians spent the day on the porch, I ave them towels to lay on. A real treat, towels were dry. I gave them run of the yard for the night. They were in the shed on hay. About 8:30, I heard Sheba “talking” at the front yard gate. I went out in the rain and let them in. Wet, pleased with themselves, happy dogs laid down on their towels. :love

As of 3:15 this afternoon I’m at NINE INCHES of rain. Storm will finally blow out at 7 AM tomorrow morning. I will give the final rain gauge reading.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_5851.jpeg

IMG_5850.jpeg

Sheba and Sentry both growled at Buford they wouldn’t let him have a towel.

The sheep pens are awful. The ewes and lambs like the tarp. I put it up last summer in the 100+ heat for extra shade. They liked it so much, when the tarp wore out, I put up another one. They look so pitiful. I put them up a round bale, in the rain. They watched from their tarp. “Mom! Make the rain stop!”

IMG_5852.jpeg