Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Please say some prayers for the people in the panhandle area of Texas and into Oklahoma... the Smokehouse Creek Wildfire has devastated over 1 MILLION acres of land... burnt untold number of buildings... 2 people died and no one has any idea of the number of cattle lost already.
It is maybe 15 % contained... absolutely horrendous destruction.... Largest ever recorded wild fire in Texas state history. This is going to push beef prices even higher, and more scarcity.... 75% of all cattle raised in Texas are raised in the western part.... Town of Canadian was surrounded and alot of it burned... cause not determined but there has been lightning and quite a bit of static electricity due to weather conditions... thoughts are it was just like a spontaneous combustion with the weather conditions..
And heard Amarillo (right near it) got something like 4 inches of snow last night????
This morning our church prayed for those in Texas impacted by the fire.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@The Porch and @Country homesteader haven't posted in a while ...all ok??
Yes Ma'am! I'm good, now that's getting nicer out and Spring is going to be upon us or is here I've been working outside trying to get yard straight plus with my wedding only being 103 days it's getting more and more real so A LOT has been happening.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was a beautiful day yesterday. The boys came to watch "full splap wide open pup" tank. Left to right: PR, Romeo, HB & FM. So glad to see green pasture :) I have 1 large hay round and 1 smaller hay round left, I think that'll be enough.
Screenshot_20240304_083116_Gallery.jpg

Farmbabe said she'll be mowing soon. I need to go through her zero turn and get it ready to go.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dat's a lotta fabric, lol!

no kiddin! if i had a way to get it for Mom she'd love to have it, but she wants large pieces and also only certain types. in the past she was able to find sheets at reasonable prices and could use them for a lot of what she's doing, now it's gotten a lot harder.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes Ma'am! I'm good, now that's getting nicer out and Spring is going to be upon us or is here I've been working outside trying to get yard straight plus with my wedding only being 103 days it's getting more and more real so A LOT has been happening.

glad to hear you're doing ok. :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug ... There is cotton, yards of it but since I was sewing clothing, mostly, there is more fabric as wool, flannels, denim, corduroy, silks, etc. I was very accomplished, making prom & wedding dresses, as well as ladies suits, etc. So much of the fabrics are for such uses. When you are a seamstress, you tend to "buy" fabric you see, love, buy, want to sew up and often never get to it. :lol::old. It's an addiction. There was a time when I was a passionate sewer -- now, I wrestle goats. 😳