Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At dawn on March 6, 1836, the 13th day of the siege, the Battle of the Alamo commenced. Fighting lasted roughly 90 minutes, and by daybreak all the Defenders had perished, including a former congressman from Tennessee, David Crockett. The loss of the garrison was felt all over Texas, and even the world.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Enjoying a wonderful cup of coffee. Sumatra. ☺️

Seeing all the little goat travel paths, sparkling WET!😵‍💫. They say close to yet another inch today.😱 Covered in dreary.

These country roads are narrow -- then 6" of wet ground, then a ditch. Don't leave pavement!! 🙄

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
🐤🧲
Screenshot_20240306_095525_Gallery.jpg

I didn't even make it past the service desk at the farm store, before tank was swarmed by ladies. After several minutes, I said i need to go and get feed, you ladies want to watch him for me? They all said YES. When I came back to check out he was in the service deck area being stuffed with treats 😋 and being loved on ❤️

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morning everyone! Getting closer to the weekend......
e83740acce01b57c651396ebf4bfaba4.jpg

I slept better last night than I had in a couple of nights and got up right around my normal time 3:30 instead of 2. Picking out songs for my Bride Tribe to walk the center is HARD WORK, I'm so glad I have assistance and they're opinions are good. I know one thing I can't wait for this weather to straighten out so that way I can sit outside on the patio and work on my project- making twig picture frames to go along with the rustic theme plus it saves on cost too. Only thing had to buy was the twine (500 feet for $3.50), any extra leftover we can use for around the house. Thank you Y'all for the comments on the florals but I can't take the credit seeing how my Matron of Honor Mom (who along with her husband is going to give me to my FH). He still doesn't know about the surprise I have in store for me but he's suspecting something so I either spill it or just let him keep guessing.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
🤔
View attachment 25663

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️
Like warning labels some sissie would cry and moan if it wasn't written on there.

Times have changed :(
I guess that's the difference of the age of "I you don't stop crying I'll give you something to cry about" vs. the "If you stop crying I'll give you a treat or something."

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Like warning labels some sissie would cry and moan if it wasn't written on there.

Times have changed :(
I guess that's the difference of the age of "I you don't stop crying I'll give you something to cry about" vs. the "If you stop crying I'll give you a treat or something."
Lawyer$
I can't remember the class course it was, but we spent a session reviewing specific warning labels and their origins. These common sense warnings are because some dummy sued and got a bunch of money.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lately, I've been waking up at 5 am. Full on wake up. Not drowsy, brain engaged and racing over lots of data points.

So I get up. Quietly. Get the dog out of his crate, can hear the cat who hears me, and then close bedroom door. Feed animals, including son's two cats.

Eat bfast in front of computer (as always) then go back to bed at 7, when hubs gets up. Sometimes I sleep for 2 more hours and sometimes like today, for 3. I go to bed at 10 now.

Its not like I have anywhere to go...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lately, I've been waking up at 5 am.
I've been having trouble sleeping after any sort of wake-up. One morning at 3am....next morning at 4am...lucky me! My brain starts telling me about all the things I have to do so then I feel guilty about staying in bed. This morning was my lucky day. I slept until 5! It was awesome, lol.

I'm generally horizontal by 9p, but DH has the TV going in the bedroom. UGH! If it's keeping me awake he'll mute it and turn the captions on. What a guy, lol.