Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on! I’ve had my 2 cups and 2 scrambled eggs. Waiting on daylight so I can get chores done. Today is slaughter day for Cornish Cross. I’m really tired of dirty birdies. A friend brought me his chicken plucker, that will certainly speed things up. I think there’s 37 chickens. I plan on killing 10 at a time, then scald them all and feed the chicken plucker a few at a time. Gut, pack on ice, do 10 more. I hope to get them all on ice today.

Ewes have been having lambs, have 4 sets of triplets. 17 lambs from 7 ewes. Have 7 more to lamb starting today! Been busy!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule Ahhh...chicken plucker!! 👍🎉 Time saver....hooray! That will make a bad job Sooo much better. At least you have good weather.

Raining here, light & steady. Supposed to stop before noon. THEN 5-6ish a strong storm front to arrive. So big winds & all that crap coming thru. 😕. Not wanting any of it. Right now, I'm home tomorrow -- that could change 😳 -- but it'll be a clean up day from the sound of it. Sure don't need the rain!!!!

Having my morning fix. Yeah, might need the whole pot ... Not in the mood for the weather stuff & how much havock the evening front might bring.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow @baymule those chickens sure did grow fast!

hot chocolate this morning to help clear out the crud and perhaps also fry it. then added a supplement drink (airborne clone) to help things along.

no plans for today other than to do my best bump on a log imatation and poke at some more paperwork to get that project further along (it's been going well enough).

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on! I’ve had my 2 cups and 2 scrambled eggs. Waiting on daylight so I can get chores done. Today is slaughter day for Cornish Cross. I’m really tired of dirty birdies. A friend brought me his chicken plucker, that will certainly speed things up. I think there’s 37 chickens. I plan on killing 10 at a time, then scald them all and feed the chicken plucker a few at a time. Gut, pack on ice, do 10 more. I hope to get them all on ice today.

Ewes have been having lambs, have 4 sets of triplets. 17 lambs from 7 ewes. Have 7 more to lamb starting today! Been busy!
We have 50 stinkers supposedly arriving the end of the month, yay :rolleyes:. Good of an excuse as any to order a new vacuum sealer.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cook-like-this.png

My dream kitchen. What say you @CrealCritter ?