Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, I could! And do laundry on a washboard. Modern conveniences are great but, always best to be able to survive! 🥰🤣

Get a laundry brush to help with that. Use it for the stains. Much easier than trying to get them out on the washboard.

I found dish soap, bit of water, and the laundry brush get rid of most stains before I toss them in the washer. Hubby gets all sorts of stuff on him at work

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CLSranch

Please explain how this was done. It's hurting my brain trying to figure it out.
View attachment 25880

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Easy enough to slot them on top of each other one D log (or 4x4) at a time. Saw a video of someone making small shed like this using 4x4s. They watersealed the outside. It's still impressive decorative joining

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Easy enough to slot them on top of each other one D log (or 4x4) at a time. Saw a video of someone making small shed like this using 4x4s. They watersealed the outside. It's still impressive decorative joining
I studied and can't see the normal joint you would expect on the end of a slab or log. The interlocking joints appear in the middle of a wide slab, instead of either on the top or bottom as one would normally expect.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I studied and can't see the normal joint you would expect on the end of a slab or log. The interlocking joints appear in the middle of a wide slab, instead of either on the top or bottom as one would normally expect.

If you look close you can see where the grain changes on the sides.

I found some better pictures with explanation

Screenshot_20240404_133318_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240404_133347_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240404_133400_Chrome.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our fridge had been having difficulties since last autumn. Running very loud and uneven temps. The frost free part of the freezer hadn't been working for at least 6 months. So back in January we bought a cheap little 11 cu ft fridge to tide us over until I decided which new one I wanted.

This allowed me to save what I could from the freezer. There was chipping involved. Finally got food out and thawed it fully. After dry I plugged it back in so no smells.

The thing hasn't had a problem since. No error code, stable temps, quiet.

Well the frost free doesn't work still. Think that was literally freezing something and causing the problems. Just need to thaw it every so often and it will probably last many more years.

Now we just have a bit of extra fridge and freezer space. Frustrating on having two but not really a bad thing.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our fridge had been having difficulties since last autumn. Running very loud and uneven temps. The frost free part of the freezer hadn't been working for at least 6 months. So back in January we bought a cheap little 11 cu ft fridge to tide us over until I decided which new one I wanted.

This allowed me to save what I could from the freezer. There was chipping involved. Finally got food out and thawed it fully. After dry I plugged it back in so no smells.

The thing hasn't had a problem since. No error code, stable temps, quiet.

Well the frost free doesn't work still. Think that was literally freezing something and causing the problems. Just need to thaw it every so often and it will probably last many more years.

Now we just have a bit of extra fridge and freezer space. Frustrating on having two but not really a bad thing.
Two is good. Backup is good.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Latest posts