Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cook-like-this.png

My dream kitchen. What say you @CrealCritter ?

no, the smoke would do me in. :(

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The fridge that came with this home freezes up. Its a fancy one, with two french doors, water, and a separate door on the right for milk and such.

Anyhoo, it started rattling, loudly, and was soooo annoying. Hubs wanted to go get a new $3K refrig but I said NO!! I researched on the 'net and found what to do. It was icing up in the back of the pullout drawer freezer, making everything go wonky. We emptied and let it sit for 15 hours, and now it works again. Until next time...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The fridge that came with this home freezes up. Its a fancy one, with two french doors, water, and a separate door on the right for milk and such.

Anyhoo, it started rattling, loudly, and was soooo annoying. Hubs wanted to go get a new $3K refrig but I said NO!! I researched on the 'net and found what to do. It was icing up in the back of the pullout drawer freezer, making everything go wonky. We emptied and let it sit for 15 hours, and now it works again. Until next time...

Might need a new fan, if it has one. Some do, some don't.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yawning here too. Another cool few days in the roller coaster of spring 🥴 glad winter clothes not pack 😄. Turned a room heater on to cut the indoor chill -- an hour will do it. Plus, winds are here, too. Supposedly tomorrow warms & wind stops. Good!! 👍

Coffee time almost over but, nice while happening. 😉

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My feelings are a bit hurt. From another forum.

I was mentioning my to do list from a few days ago, when it was going to be NOT RAINING for a day. I said I was going to Roundup one fence line, spray some CrossBow on some wild blackberries (I have 321 feet of them on the north side next to one forest), and how its almost time to repel the moles in the large field below us (who have invaded my garden, in those beds without hardware cloth). I got roasted. Three days of roasting. On and on. I had to sign out. I've been on that forum for 10 years.

I tried to reason, about how vineyards use RU, how moles can be destructive to native vegetation, how I have mason bees and always plant a pollinator garden that is huge, and I ONLY plant native trees and foundation plants here, and that I'm not using a broadcast sprayer, but a hand pump 2 gallon with the nozzle on stream.

So, go ahead and roast me if you want. I choose to use Roundup on select portions of my 2.6 acres. I also use weed killer. I don't have grazing animals. Everything dries to a crisp by July, and fire mitigation is required, especially since I'm surrounded on two side by Fir trees which can be like a roman candle.

Even if you don't agree with my practices, I'm willing to have a discussion about different methods work for different properties and climate zones. Ok, thanks for listening. I feel better now.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For me, to each his own with chemicals. 🤷. I don't use but, have pastures -- my goats LOVE weeds. So it's my choice. IMO you can have yours. Yes, the goats delicately eat every leaf from thorny vines😳. I have to go off property for blackberries. 😂.

I'm sorry they jumped you. 🫂

Some people are strongly against meat -- so, also butchering, humane or otherwise. Some people feel separating babes from milk cows is cruel but, they're usually treated well by farmers & mommas have a job! The excess roo chicks at hatcheries, and on and on.....lift your head up and feel ok with YOUR decision on YOUR farm. We understand. 👍☺️

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's your place - do what you do.

I prefer not to use chemicals if I can, but have resorted to roundup for a spot treatment of really tough stuff.

Even if folks disagree it's not ok to attack you over it. Adult conversation and idea exchanges are a much better way to handle it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I filled the gas and fired up the zero turn mower to pull it out of the barn this morning. No steering :oops:. I shut it off and looked at a big puddle of oil under the mower. I put a little steering fluid in the reservoir, it was bone dry. Then I managed to get it to the door.

This is what happens when a wood worker plugs a hole, that needs plugged.

Missing plug.
Screenshot_20240406_125305_Gallery.jpg

I whittled down a oversized poplar dowl with my pocket knife and beat it in with a hammer. It fixed the leak and the wood will do nothing but swell when the oil hits it and make the plug even tighter.
Screenshot_20240406_125712_Gallery.jpg

I filled the reservoir, still no leak and FB has been mowing with no issue so far :thumbsup.

I will order a plug from the manufacturer, but atleast the mower is up and operational.

If the ladies dont find you handsome, they should find you handy :)

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️