Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
438725368_2778115235720433_5504171378710968844_n.jpg

Good Morning everyone!
All my VA people PLEASE PLEASE if you see this man in your town let me know he is my adopted Uncle. I know it says he has been missing since Sun but he's actually been missing since Saturday when he got off the bus in Richmond. He loves to walk but has NO phone, NO money. Any and all help is greatly appreciated and welcomed

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Where does everyone get their comfrey starts?

Looks like the blackberries have managed to kill it all now. I didn't have any come back this year. Couldn't poison the blackberries without killing everything

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have ordered from Coe's comfrey, he's in NC. Got some nice crowns thru Amazon via private farm. My chickens LOVE the stuff!! Those rascals will dig up the roots on young plants, so have to protect those. Goats eat it. I dehydrate some and an making some salve soon, been soaking leaves already. Plantain, too.

Those roots might Surprise you and send up leaves...it's pretty tough & deep rooted.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have ordered from Coe's comfrey, he's in NC. Got some nice crowns thru Amazon via private farm. My chickens LOVE the stuff!! Those rascals will dig up the roots on young plants, so have to protect those. Goats eat it. I dehydrate some and an making some salve soon, been soaking leaves already. Plantain, too.

Those roots might Surprise you and send up leaves...it's pretty tough & deep rooted.

It's normally up by now. There has been less and less each year.

I was thinking of digging it up and moving some this year.

Latest posts