Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
after seeing a turkey up close (after it was hit by a car in the road that we cleaned up) and also seeing a PBS show about turkeys i'd certainly not be getting too close to them without a lot of hard leather protection...

reminds me of things i learned about in history class and playing DnD and computer games...
There's three turkey hens on the left side, see the beak of one of them on the left side sticking out just past the 2x4. They are usually pretty tame, I can pick them up if I need. However when they are broody, they are completely different animals.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Thank goodness I am overwhelmed right now...easy self control.
20240427_090105.jpg
20240427_090058.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tank helped me by digging holes in the garden yesterday. You never know what's down there until you dig it up. I think he's got a pretty good sniffer. I just let him do his thing, I was tilling anways. He was a mess, so he got time in his pond and oh boy... was he ever happy to find his pond had water again.
Screenshot_20240426_221348_Gallery.jpg

It's raining today, but I managed to get a dead tree limb down that looked like it may fall and hit the house. Tank and I cut it up for firewood before it started raining.

I checked on the turkeys, hens are still sitting tight, and it was silent in the nesting house. Then I noticed the nesting pair of canadian chickens hatched out their gosling and were out of the pond. They seen me and got back in the pond. I think I counted 6 gosling, hard to tell from a distance.
Screenshot_20240427_132640_Gallery.jpg

Enjoy the rest of your day, the days go by so fast anymore.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On my second cup of coffee. Been busier than a three legged cat in a sandbox around here. Calming down a bit for now . Go bottle lambs moved out of the house into a pen outside. A week there, then put with all the lambs and ewes. I take their bottles to them.

Got 3 breeding pens going with 13 ewes divided between 3 rams. Had 4 young ewes left and my 10 year old ewe, Ewenique, so put them with the ewes and lambs too.

Took Sheba out of the ewe and lamb field and put her with Buford. Put Sentry with ewes and lambs.

Neighbor baled his field of rye grass in 4x5 net wrapped bales. Got 41 and I bought them all. Then he even brought them to my field. I paid him I’m $100 bills, plus $70 extra, to thank him for his time and diesel for the tractor in moving the bales to my place.

Getting daylight, gotta get chores done before church.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Neighbor baled his field of rye grass in 4x5 net wrapped bales. Got 41 and I bought them all. Then he even brought them to my field. I paid him I’m $100 bills, plus $70 extra, to thank him for his time and diesel for the tractor in moving the bales to my place.
Congrats on score on the hay! I need a neighbor like that.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rained a big part of the day, after it stopped raining granddaughter wanted to take tank out on the leash. It wasnt but 2 minutes and grand daughter hollers in the back door. "Hey PawPaw you know that mud puddle out by the barn? Well tank went crazy In it" I believe tank secretly identifies as a chocolate lab. All I know is he had to have rolled around in it, he was a happy muddy mess. I tried to wash him off with the garden hose but FB said he must have a proper bath :rolleyes:

Last edited: