colapsable bathtub needed

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place for this. We just started renting a small 113 yr old house in the country in TN. They recently replaced the tub with a shower. I like to wash my hair and body in the shower but I like to shave in the tub. I also like to soak in the hot water to ease my muscle aches and pains.
I was thinking about collapsable tubs I have seen from old military movies/shows, and was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick one up? Or any other ideas. We don't have room to have a tub sitting in a room all the time- as much as both of us would love an old clawfoot.

Monica

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to visit a beautiful Amish home over the summer. One thing my dh pointed out that I thought was fantastic was the large tub hanging on the wall in the attached shed style room. Perhaps you could do the same. A large tub you brought into the house for bathing. Then just hang it back up when done.

I think dumping the water may be the bigest challenge.

Goodluck.

I found this.
http://www.bridgat.com/bathtub-b598_1.html

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That amazon link had a portable hot tub on it. Now I think I'd like one of those since we don't have a tub.

I do miss baths as well, so I know you feel about wanting a tub. Nice for soaking the aching knee or back.