Cold season is back

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So it's cold and flu season again. What are your proven cures? I have a nasty cold and would like to not live on dayquill anymore.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Huge helpings of honey, warm liquids, lemon, garlic, and chilli peppers. Not all in the same dishes or drinks, but focus on those foods, each have healing properties, antiseptic properties or something that will help with a cold.

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Huge helpings of honey, warm liquids, lemon, garlic, and chilli peppers. Not all in the same dishes or drinks, but focus on those foods, each have healing properties, antiseptic properties or something that will help with a cold.
I just ate some salsa plain. Helped me breath a little better. I have a fever & horrible sinus pressure. My teeth hurt its so bad. Gonna go get some hot tea with honey and lemon. What to do for fever? Normally I would let it be but it's making my skin hurt. I took my vitamins so that should do something. I take a ton of C.

Thanks! I hate colds.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Into a thermos, grate a one-inch piece of ginger, add the juice of one lemon . Add boiled water and let steep for 20 minutes. Add raw honey to taste. sip to prevent coughs. It is awesome. Up your clo intake, I also swallow a clove of garlic, slice into peices if it is too big. (helps with lung congestion). Make some good bone broth and sip it also. Zinc lozenges at the first sign of a cold is said to shorten the longevity. I am suffering a cold also.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'd let that fever go as long as you can stand it and it doesn't get too high. Fever is the bodies natural way of purging gunk. Let it run it's course if you can. Just my opinion, but mine seem to be shorter if I let the fever go and treat some of the more uncomfortable symptoms with healing foods.

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You guys are awesome!! I have some of that zycam stuff. Gonna take another one shortly. I'm going to brave tonight with no drugs and a hot wash cloth on my face. I normally stay away from all meds but my 18 month DD needs her mom. If she could hang out else were i wouldn't take it. I have minced garlic will that work if i eat it?

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Into a thermos, grate a one-inch piece of ginger, add the juice of one lemon . Add boiled water and let steep for 20 minutes. Add raw honey to taste. sip to prevent coughs. It is awesome. Up your clo intake, I also swallow a clove of garlic, slice into peices if it is too big. (helps with lung congestion). Make some good bone broth and sip it also. Zinc lozenges at the first sign of a cold is said to shorten the longevity. I am suffering a cold also.
Whats clo mean? I hope you fee lbetter soon.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
ninny said:
You guys are awesome!! I have some of that zycam stuff. Gonna take another one shortly. I'm going to brave tonight with no drugs and a hot wash cloth on my face. I normally stay away from all meds but my 18 month DD needs her mom. If she could hang out else were i wouldn't take it. I have minced garlic will that work if i eat it?
Of course, just get it into your body. :)