Colorado

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, I'm kinda sort back. We've had so many projects lately that I just haven't had time to get on and talk with everyone.
We now have four dairy goaties that I ADORE!!!!! Right now their milk is going to feed baby piggies and a baby Jersey bull calf who will someday be mate to my mini Jersey/Holstein dairy cow. THIS year the mini Jersey/Holstein heifer is going to Longmont to be bred to another mini Jersey. Gotta say I LOVE all this dairy stuff but I sure wish I had a milking machine so the little boy could help me.
The turkeys are hatching so we now have Standard Bronze turks, the Bourbons of course and some nice Midget Whites. We completely switched over our chicken flock to Giant Cochins and they're all show quality birds so that's nice. Got one pretty girl who's decided to go broody on me so I'm hoping for more just like them soon.
And then of course there's the garden....the never, ever ending garden. The big hoophouse has done a great job per usual with my tomato plants. I didn't even harden this year just put those buggers right into the holes and up they went.
Now I'm kind of in waiting mode. Waiting for my cow to go be bred, waiting for the garden to grow a little more so I can have a salad, waiting, waiting....
We are planning to go see a little girl to see if we want to adopt her next week....maybe that's what I'm waiting for.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I need a nap just reading that list! LOL

Congrats on the goats and cows. I hope your adoption visit goes well :D

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I need a nap just reading that list! LOL

Congrats on the goats and cows. I hope your adoption visit goes well :D
We were talking about adopting this little girl and it suddenly occurred to me that that would mean we would have nine kids. I said "Nine"! "That's an uneven number, we'll need to adopt one more". If looks could kill I should be coughing up blood by now.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:gig

Poor DK. You might have to check his heart after that statement!

Poka_Doodle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, I know this thread has been inactive but oh, well. I am in Aurora and talk a lot about my life here

Luckie D

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi all hopefully I'm not alone out here. I live on the Palmer Divide in Black Forest.