Colored Egg Farmer- CEF- the one with way to many chickens.

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I want to see a picture of one day of egg collecting at your place!! Must be quite a sight, especially for someone like me who is only getting about 4 eggs a day.

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
Jerrit,
How do you market all those eggs? And what is it like to take care of the hens? I am really curious about what your day must be like! What do you do with all the manure?

Colored Egg Farmer

Way Too Many Chickens
Reaction score
Zenbirder said:
Jerrit,
How do you market all those eggs? And what is it like to take care of the hens? I am really curious about what your day must be like! What do you do with all the manure?
Well the eggs are sold to local stores and the rest are shipped to NYC. Well It really only takes me about 30 mins to half an hour every day to check and collect the eggs. It would take less time if the pullets wouldn't surround me and play try to trip the owner with a milk crate full of eggs :rolleyes: The manure right now is just going on the floor and under the roosts the floor is covered with so much wood shavings that there has been no manure build up. Being about to clean under the roosts helps a lot also and increases the time between clean outs. The manure will go to a field near by.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Congratulations!!

And I'm jealous! You have more chickens than me! :gig

Latest posts