Concord grapes a million of them

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Picked all my grapes yesterday and tried to process in my electric juicer, a fiasco of grape seeds flying every where. Then I tried the foley food mill with disaster again. So finally filled my huge pasta pot and boiled for a half hour, tied the pulp in ruined kithen towels and hung over every pot I had. So now I have about 6 quarts 0f unsweetened grape juice and only have a pot big enough to can pints in a water bath. The freezer is crammed full and I don't know if I canned it in pints can I still make jelly or wine with it? Sure wasn't expecting that many grapes.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
GardenWeasel said:
Picked all my grapes yesterday and tried to process in my electric juicer, a fiasco of grape seeds flying every where. Then I tried the foley food mill with disaster again. So finally filled my huge pasta pot and boiled for a half hour, tied the pulp in ruined kithen towels and hung over every pot I had. So now I have about 6 quarts 0f unsweetened grape juice and only have a pot big enough to can pints in a water bath. The freezer is crammed full and I don't know if I canned it in pints can I still make jelly or wine with it? Sure wasn't expecting that many grapes.
I have made wine from frozen current juice, but it was raw juice in the first place.
My parents used to can grape juice and then make home made jello with bananas in it.
So good!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
If you water bath can it you should be able to use it later. I guess it does depend on how acidic your grapes are. Maybe add a splash of lemon juice?