Congressional Reform Act

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
This is an e-mail I got. If only something like this would pass, I wonder what kind of difference it would make in this country.

_
*Congressional Reform Act of 2012*_

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into
the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/31/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.

Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in
Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their
term(s), then go home and back to work.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!

fair weather chicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
OH IF ONLY, not only would it fix congress, but i think it would fix the country. we are a great country, its just the government that messes everything up. and besides the president can only serve two terms. and go back to work, not going around just making speeches.

fair weather chicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
never say never, the founding fathers were told that we couldn't survive with out England and guess what we did. also Thomas Jefferson said we need a revolution every 50 years, hey we are long over due!!!

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The real tragedy of this particular string is the fact that it showed up in the wrong topic. Who in the world would put something so important in the games jokes and fun section?
If the American people took this seriously, we wouldn't have all the problems were having right now in Washington DC. Imagine the nonsense that the Secret Service has been involved with in Cartagena? The problem here is that is the "culture" of Washington DC. It's even worse in the halls of Congress.
Deb was that you?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I put it here because there's no place for random topics, and this is where others have put random topics. I know there's a section for random ramblings on TEG, and think we should have one here.