Convection Ovens

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I want to buy a convection oven for my countertop. I hate firing up the big oven for just 3 pieces of chicken or something small for dinner and such. I know this should save me energy definitely!

But never had one. I looked the other day and WOW, there were a few different types...so anyone got any info on these on what I should do.

Some had toaster oven/convection combos, some just convection, some convection and rotissiere combs,...etc.....any info on what to buy???

Just love your feedback if you own one of these. I truly want to cut back on electricity in the home and I think a small convection oven would do the trick to help save.

thanks!!

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have a microwave convection oven. You can use it as either one or as a combination. It's nice to have the choice.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I bought a convection oven because I stopped using my microwave and thought it would be better. Mine is a combo with rotisserie and I rarely use it. It is much more convenient to use a toaster oven and if I need more room the regular oven. Mine doesn't cook that much faster really, not enough to make a difference. It takes just as much time if not more to heat up as my other ovens and cooking isn't always even.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I have a Euro-pro X which is a counter top, toaster type convection over and I use it every day. It just cooks faster and better. Ii really, really like it and would get another if something goes wrong with this one.
Another thing I like about this model is that it is not digital- it has dials.
I did have a microwave/convection oven but hardly ever used it. It was good for large roasts or something that took a long time to cook as you could microwave to cook the inside while the convection browned the outside- but I almost never used it. It did not work well for small items that could cook fast anyway.
Much better at cooking things than a regular toaster oven.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good input
now after reading I am considering the toaster oven/convection combo. Seems I could make a grilled cheese for Nicole in the toaster oven, but still bake some chicken in the convection...that type of situaiton.

I will be hitting the stores after Christmas for sales of course. I hope to hit a good deal on one and by then I should have all my research under my belt. That will be my Christmas present from Tony to me. All I need.

I have been on the fence wanting one of these for a long time.....so maybe time to just get one..LOL

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I really love non-digital controls on appliances- not only do the digital ones use energy all the time but I have to go around and re-set all these things when the power goes out- which around here can be twice a week- some times several time each day if it just flickers. Big pain in the........
I love my toaster oven- just turn the dial and tick tick tick bing. It's done. No phantom electrical use.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ETR
I never thought of that. Thanks. Why get one with digital and a clock etc. and use more power!
So smart....duh for me..HA HA

yes definitely normal controls and no phantom usage.

that is the type of info that slips my mind when looking to purchase! COOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ETR
went to the store last night and saw a Euro-Pro---very nice. But this one was digital and they didn't have the dial one. So no go. I liked the look of it also. Seems well made.

So looks like a good choice when I find a sale...hope these things go on sale..LOL

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our oven is propane, so I was trying to do alot w/ my teeny toaster oven for meal prep.. took forever (b/c it's small and there's 7 of us usually) so they had the countertop convenction oven on sale in the Spring for a good price, went to the store and they were sold out. Got a rain check, had my dad check ther next time he went, still were out. Finally after a few months of them still being sold out everytime we went in, my dad bought the display model, w/ the rain check, plus an additional $20 off for it being a display model (and him griping about driving in there so many times and wasting gas) :) Go dad! He gave it to me for my birthday present. I use it almost daily.

It has convection setting, broil, bake, and rotisserie. I have not used the rotisserie. I love the convection for baking, it's quicker and more even than my big propane suckin' oven. Mine has dials, not digital. I love mine... so glad I got it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks heatherv
that is a great story on how hard it was for you to get one...and in the end you got it as a present! good deal! LOL

thanks for your review on the convection oven. I want one now more than ever and will be watching for sales.

Latest posts