Cookie Exchange

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My office is going to do a cookie exchange. I want to be a part, but I have to decide what kind I want to make. It could be several dozen of one cookie to do as there are 34 women in our office. :ep

I have a very tasty old sugar cookie (cutouts) recipe, but I really get tired of all that work and then have to frost them after. I use all my counter space with just one batch of these.

Bessie Royers Sugar Cookies
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups sugar
1 cup lard or shortening
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
4 teaspoons baking powder
7 cups flour (approx.)
Mix eggs, vanilla, sugar, and lard until smooth. Blend milk and soda together before adding it to the mixture. Sift together flour and baking powder, then slowly add to the mixture until the dough is the right texture for handling. Roll dough out on a floured surface and cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

These two recipes are tasty, if I don't mess something up. :)

Maple Nut Drop Cookies
1 3/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter-flavored shortening
1 egg
1/4 tsp. maple flavoring
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 c. walnuts, chopped
Cream sugar and shortening. Beat in egg. Add sifted dry ingredients. Stir in flavoring and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Make a maple-flavored glaze to drizzle over top of cookies. Makes 2 dozen.

Chocolate Cookies
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cups shortening
3 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoons soda
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup cocoa
In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs, then sift in dry ingredients. Chill. Roll in powdered sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Got any other suggestions for something very tasty yet fun/easy to make at Christmastime?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am not crazy about sugar cookies...although my DH and kids love them. I like them to be moist and I don't like the real dark icings...very messy with little ones! I hate it when they break! They just look like a sloppy broken mess.

The maple nut cookie sounds more unique and less likely to be done by someone else.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Abi and I will have to start a low carb cookie exchange thread...LOL

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are to sign up for what kind we are doing so we don't get a bunch of repeats. :)

Low carb cookies? What fun is that? ;)

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
We are to sign up for what kind we are doing so we don't get a bunch of repeats. :)

Low carb cookies? What fun is that? ;)
Wow! That will be alot of different kinds of cookies! Keep us updated on how many different kinds there will be. I get stuck for different recipes this time of year too.
Hmmm..I never HEARD of a low carb cookie, lol!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the Betty Crocker ad at the bottom that says 20 different cookies?
Maybe there is something new recipe on it.