Cordage

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think there's a LOT of hoops to jump through-

In VA hemp is STRONGLY regulated and licensed. Like, the Feds almost count the seeds, literally. Because of the high price of seed, I superficially checked into growing for seed sales ONLY. WOW, I would not subject myself to that. In fact, it was as intense as most of the med marijuana sites endure. Testing, reporting, inspections, records, just not worth it.

And yet, it used to be a huge crop many years back -- for other than getting a high (although they probably did that. too! LOL)

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Way back when, they used to grow a lot of hemp in the area where I grew up. For fiber, feed, etc. Then it became illegal and they stopped planting it. BUT, now we have wild hemp and wild marijuana growing around the area. The company my Dad worked for had a campground that had a couple patches of that would grow up every once in a while. They would burn the patch down every year it started growing. It doesn't have much for THC, so not much of a high from smoking it - but still illegal.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Way back when, they used to grow a lot of hemp in the area where I grew up. For fiber, feed, etc. Then it became illegal and they stopped planting it. BUT, now we have wild hemp and wild marijuana growing around the area. The company my Dad worked for had a campground that had a couple patches of that would grow up every once in a while. They would burn the patch down every year it started growing. It doesn't have much for THC, so not much of a high from smoking it - but still illegal.
Wow!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ... Extremely Illegal here in the Philippines, Most people here abuse the herb. although everyone actually knows the benefits, its so sad. I actually need to use it as a tea for my diabetes.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What does diabetes management look like in the Philippines? Type 1 or 2? My hubby has been on an insulin pump for years. Feel free to ignore, PM, or answer to your comfort level here.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What does diabetes management look like in the Philippines? Type 1 or 2? My hubby has been on an insulin pump for years. Feel free to ignore, PM, or answer to your comfort level here.
It's not that much of a bad thing, we do have maintenance tablets, I do take them. Luckily, I'm not on insulin. and I hope it won't come to that point. Hey!! does your hubby have spare tablets that he's not taking? maybe you can send some.