Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about those of us on this forum, but I'm worried about all the people that have never bothered to grow their own food, don't even know what it looks like. A lot of people are gonna be hurtin'

I agree. Of course, we all WANT those others to do at least something for selves.....knowing most won't. It's life. Sadly.

Here I am looking at 4 or 5 broodies giving me new layers for Winter plus roos for the freezer. Not going to buy chicks. I will be fine with chicken & goat meats plus what I buy for beef/pork. Dairy goats will carry me thru for all my dairy needs plus help feed others. I love veggies...eat more of them! I feel prepared and very Blessed!

I'm stocking up on coffee & chocolate.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I think some people trust the system too much. It's a broken world with broken people that don't always do what is right.

yesssss! People don't realize that work (and I mean gardening livestock hunting butchering canning etc) and self-discipline (eating right, working out, abstaining from excesses) are necessary for true freedom. Self-expression alone is not freedom. Freedom from the tyranny of hunger. Freedom from the insecurity of supply chains. Freedom from addiction. Freedom from technology - the freedom of selective use, I mean. Etc.

But then to try to get a billlion people lacking work and self-discipline to live together in relative peace, so much government is necessary.

Makes me want to bang heads together! You want freedom?! Then get you head out of it's dark hole and practice some self-discipline. Get off your butt and work on being self-sufficient. PRactice the most basic emergency preparedness. Stop waiting for the government to do everything for you - and then whine about how the government is too big and too powerful. :he

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ILLINOIS Governor extended stay at home until the end of May. Also several new requirements like the use of a face mask while in public, if social distancing can not be obtained.

But Southern ILLINOIS is suing the governor over the extension. I've said this before, ILLINOIS needs to be broken up into at least two states, if not three. North, Central & South. We are not cook country (Chicago) down here in southern Illinois, we like our chickens.

Last edited:

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The county attorney in Houston is being sued for ordering everyone to wear masks. She signed the order on Tuesday and it won't go into effect until Monday. What??? The people also can't wear N95 masks, only cloth. She said there would be a $1000 fine if caught without one.

The mayor came out today and said there wouldn't be a fine and the police department will hand out masks. She said.......he said.....

Even though I don't live in Houston, I am tired of this malarkey. I want my freedom back!

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
EXCELLENT VIDEO BY Dr Erickson @Beekissed. Common sense personified. But it will never be personified as it goes back to what President Trump said in the beginning.... it is like the FLU.....

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our Gov here in Va has a JUNE 10th date for shelter in place crap, that he set a month ago.... some small exclusions.... Glad I am not in NYC and glad that Mitch Mcconnell said that the fed govt is no picking up the tab for places like NYC that are going bankrupt....

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The whole idea was to flatten the curve. We have done that. We will start the economy back up, and I suppose cases will start climbing again. I guess we’ll see. But we can’t let people’s whole lives crash and fall apart around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.