Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Some animal vaccines are annual, but most are every 3 years and there's research ongoing to see if that can be less frequent. However, many clinics and organizations are lagging on this. All the vet clinics around here have the 3 year schedule for those that can be done every 3 years, but 4-H / county fair requires annual vaccines for the dogs in dog project, even though the veterinarians keep telling them it needs to be changed. So I won't be having my kids particpate in dog project because I won't have my dog over-vaccinated.

Anyway, remember with vaccines that
1) vaccines are safer than simple inoculation which previously was the only option
2) vaccines are safer than the disease (except arguably flu vaccine in low-risk individuals who are not in close contact with high-risk individuals)
3) vaccines don't work without the adjuvant ingredients, or without them the antigen dose must be higher. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3420356/
4) titers are an option to see if a vaccine booster is necessary, but they're expensive and interpretation can be tricky for some

I get it. Vaccines have risks. Vaccine injuries happen. It's still less risk for individuals and for the population than not vaccinating. I'm a cautious vaxxer. I will not be getting a coronavirus vaccine. My family will probably continue social distancing into winter and then we would skip the flu vaccine. I declined flu vaccines until my parents got old enough to be high risk. Now we get it to protect them. But if we're not seeing them and kids aren't in school we won't get the vaccine.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't watch much news, but i heard yesterday that the gov is shutting Texas down again. I guess the bars were first. wonder how far this will go.

I say they shut down walmart and homedepot this time and let the small businesses stay open.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't watch much news, but i heard yesterday that the gov is shutting Texas down again. I guess the bars were first. wonder how far this will go.

I say they shut down walmart and homedepot this time and let the small businesses stay open.

I am in Ft. Bend Cty and we are now mandated to wear masks wherever we go. grrrrr

The politicians blame the people in the bars but conveniently forget the rioters. Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.