Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I used to like to watch the Twightlight Zone, but I don't like living in it!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm such a technopeasant! My phone is Android (that's pretty much all I know) does this work for mine?

Another flipper here! All I know is that it is a Samsung thru Verizon. I don't even know how old it is! I'd guess at least 8 yrs....yeah, fighting update! I have a new Android tablet -- that's good. LOL

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A friend that went with me to a dr appt for my knees, and the ankle replacement followup.... and I were talking about the whole "herd immunity" thing and that one of the people who work for her, who's husband is also a beef farmer, mentioned that we cattle people have had a vaccine for corona virus in cattle for years..... and she said that they ought to be testing farmers, to see if they have a degree of immunity after being exposed to cattle that could have the corona virus.... it mostly only affects baby calves, so the cows get the vaccine with the corona virus so the calves get passive immunity through the colostrum/ and milk..... and then the cows get "boosters" of protection when they get any additional vaccinations....
I told her that is one of the reasons I am not so overly concerned about it because I get all this exposure, granted passively, through the constant exposure to the cows, to what we vaccinate with, to occasionally getting it spilled on our skin when a cow jerks and the needle slips out... or even by an occasional jab with a needle.....
And I use only killed virus vaccines, as opposed to some that will use a modified live type.... so my exposure is even more "passive" than some others. She said to me if they have had a vaccine for cattle for years.....many years..... why haven't they been able to come up with one for people more easily? And if the article that @Britesea cited is at all halfway creditable..... then even being exposed to a "SIMILAR" strain, should give some immune ability. Like the "flu vaccines" they tout, which are not vaccines, but are supposed to give you some immune response to whichever strain the "vaccine" is for.... and that is supposed to help people have a better immune response to the strain that is prevelant at that time.... so why haven't they figured out a way to use all the years of cattle vaccine production, to make a human type a whole lot sooner than they have managed to come up with it??????

I found those 2 studies very interesting.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, WHY?? Why haven’t all the years of coronavirus vaccines and research in cattle been used in research for people?

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If they were really concerned, they would have spent more time and money and effort in finding a cure - vaccine - for the CORONA virus that causes the common cold.....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Raw milk -- if you drink it then you have a passive transfer of whatever. Now, if the immunity can be used in a human, that could/should be a test to consider. Some immunity for MANY things is passed, I believe. You know a dairy farmer mostly drinks it raw! Plus cream, butter, etc.

I know that the raw goat milk transfers many good elements to my gut. Some bad? Of course, I consider that. But, so long as the checks show good, doe is healthy, I'm drinking it straight up. I like it chilled first. LOL

I agree, why NOT check the vaccine used already???? Well, first $$$$. :he

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If they were really concerned, they would have spent more time and money and effort in finding a cure - vaccine - for the CORONA virus that causes the common cold.....
They've never been able to create a vaccine for the common cold because it is not a single virus, but a group of constantly mutating ones. Somehow, however, we manage to carry on, don't we?

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They've never been able to create a vaccine for the common cold because it is not a single virus, but a group of constantly mutating ones. Somehow, however, we manage to carry on, don't we?
Yeah, amazing that we survive the common cold, that some really get sick with.... not to mention the flu which has several different strains, that are always changing.....
One thing about this "huge increase" in numbers.... it corresponds with the huge increase in tests.... and from what I read, every retake of a positive, counts as a new test instead of counting as a retest still positive..... so how is that new cases???? Add to that we were supposed to flatten the curve considering the number of hospital cases.... which also was correlated with the age group.... now the increase is younger people, not near as many with symptoms, or serious symptoms, and the hospital numbers has decreased as have the numbers of deaths.

UNDERSTAND that I do not want people to die from this or any other disease.... which this is not really a "disease" but a virus infection. We have flattened the curve, we are testing right and left, and some people are going to wind up in the hospital, and some are going to die. But they also die from the flu, they also get hospitalized from the flu, they die from car wrecks, and overdoses and other things. If we live in a bubble, then we could die from a simple cut that introduces bacteria into the system.... or we could catch a flu "bug" from someone and if our immune system is not strong, we could die from that. Yes there are immune compromised that should not be exposed.... but we shouldn't expose them to someone who has a bad cold or the flu or anything else. But we have got to start realizing that we are never going to have a fool proof vaccine because viruses mutate..... EXAMPLE THE FLU VIRUS...... so when do we start to just get back on with our lives?

For that matter, why can't they take the cattle vaccine that we use, and see if us farmers have a stronger immune system that we can become "donors" of the antibodies..... from the exposure......

Stay vigilant for the sake of the ones that are susceptible, but live your life and get yourself as healthy as you can and that does mean getting your immune system built up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts