Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardknockshomestead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It was my 1st time making black cherry cough suppressant. I didn't really expect it would work as my experience with natural remedies has always seemed to be they are mild and not as effective as manufactured medications.
I was impressed!
Now I'm curious about what species of honeysuckle you have where you live; I didn't know honeysuckle has medicinal qualities! I'd love to know more from you about it.

Where I lived several years ago I could find black elderberry easily! It grows alongside country roads south of here. I have looked and looked for it since we moved here but haven't been able to find it anywhere. There's a red type here on our land but I don't know much about it.

Hardknockshomestead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Where I lived several years ago I could find black elderberry easily! It grows alongside country roads south of here. I have looked and looked for it since we moved here but haven't been able to find it anywhere. There's a red type here on our land but I don't know much about it.
You want the dark blue or black elderberries, the red can be toxic. I have seen elderberries in nursery catalogs, maybe you can order plants if you can't find any.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm laughing my danged fool head off. Our local weatherman always grows a beard for Christmas and plays Santa. For the "big event" the station just put up a screen telling all about it. Take a picture with Santa! But-this is Covid and the pictures are; Socially distant photo event! What??? Take a picture of your kid 6 feet away from Santa? What are they going to do? Wave at each other? :lol:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No need to show it to him, as he is practicing his "discernment" on such things.... ;)

View attachment 15059

here's a definition:

=====
dis·cern·ment
/dəˈsərnmənt/
noun
noun: discernment

the ability to judge well.
"an astonishing lack of discernment"
h
Similar:
judgment

taste
discrimination
refinement
cultivation
sophistication
enlightenment
sensitivity
subtlety
insight
perceptiveness
perception
perspicacity
astuteness
acumen
shrewdness
ingeniousness
cleverness
intelligence
sharpness
wisdom
erudition
awareness
sagacity
sapience
(in Christian contexts) perception in the absence of judgment with a view to obtaining spiritual guidance and understanding.
"without providing for a time of healing and discernment, there will be no hope of living through this present moment without a shattering of our common life"

=====

note that @Beekissed and several others here repeatedly went on about chloroquinine after it was pretty well established that it had little or none actual helpful effect on treatments. they also went on about Plandemic and continue to use the term as a critical dig at others when in fact that too was also shown to be a fraud. there have been other things too (the recent article posted by the prof at the university that has been fact checked and shown to be poorly done).

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FB, you really think highly of yourself, don't you? You don't know me and yet you have no problem belittling me or others on this forum. We put articles on here to learn. Most of us are caring thoughtful people who want to do the right thing.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I needed a laugh, and my State delivered.

Working in IT all of my adult life, I understand process definition and unintended outputs.

Local social media groups are hilariously ridiculing this. Should I quarantine after going to the mailbox, after the store....lol.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
note that @Beekissed and several others here repeatedly went on about chloroquinine after it was pretty well established that it had little or none actual helpful effect on treatments. they also went on about Plandemic and continue to use the term as a critical dig at others when in fact that too was also shown to be a fraud. there have been other things too (the recent article posted by the prof at the university that has been fact checked and shown to be poorly done).

Sorry, but you've lied once again, which has become a bad habit for you during this 'rona drama. I've never once in my life mentioned Chloroquinine and I'm a nurse, so that's saying a lot. ;) I usually have you on ignore, but Miss Lisa is not easily riled, so I figured I'd check out which foot you put in your mouth THIS time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.