Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Kinda surreal to see the rest of the world still increasing in cases. Its barely on the news here, but many forums friends are affected now. I am so lucky to live where I do, when the zombie apocalypse comes, we will be the safest place on the planet!

Still no covid in my state, the economy and housing markets are booming, 90% of jobs lost have been recovered now. Generally it seems people are pretty happy with the situation - but twitter is a strange place and there is a lot of whinging on there from those who want to travel overseas, and still people trying to get home. Travelling has never been high on my list so its not an issue for me to be stuck in my state or country.

This advert gave me a laugh, just for a bit of cheeky fun (not to dismiss the seriousness of the situation, but an attempt to lighten the mood).

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
1611880612563.png

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
And dontcha know that's just how some truly looked many years back -- houses, too! Don't mean as a slur to anyone, I lived it! I have pictures. 😁 :love I'm old.
Not too many years back....this is my mother and our 2 room log cabin, freshly built in 1978. No water, no electricity, no nothin', with cardboard covering the floors and as underpinning. I lived in that little cabin for 8 yrs of my formative years. It still stands and I can see it from where we live now.

Mom and cabin.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish I had pictures of the old homestead of my husband's mother's family. I got to see it once back in the late 90s. 6.5 foot ceilings. Up narrow stairs were 3 bedrooms that gave me claustrophobia. I've never seen doors that narrow before. I was skinny then and had to turn sideways to enter the pokey little rooms. Two were 5x10 and the master was 9x9. There was a simple candle chandelier for light downstairs and each room had a sconce. Fireplace downstairs for heat. Kitchen was an addition with a wood cookstove. Running water was added to the kitchen in the early 80s. Sink emptied just outside the wall. Outhouse was downhill a bit. Hubby remembers staying there a lot with cousins growing up.

The family I know the most about is mom's maternal side. Great grandparents met in Oregon but both came from Switzerland around 1918. There are still dishes I make that she taught grandma and mom. She made the best sugar cookies on her wood cookstove.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Spoke too soon of our luck here. First community case detected in 10 months in a hotel security guard who caught it off returned travellers in quarantine. They traced his steps and put the whole city and surrounds into hard lockdown for 5 days. I am so, so, so relieved that I didnt go to that wedding in the city last night! We're not in lockdown where I am, but it would have been hard to get out of the city today, and they have finally asked us to wear masks. Looking forward to that tan line!

Status
Not open for further replies.