Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today, I encountered a FIRST in my state. I went into grocer, and Lowes. In each store, I encountered a single person w/o a mask, so I immediately removed my face shield, and I was not accosted. In the feed store, a patron came in as I was finishing my sale. He did the head smack, and stated he'd forgotten his mask. The salesman said, "Don't worry about it!" Folks, this is completely new. Prior to today, sales associates would immediately tell the customer to mask up or leave. Police arrive in force if one does not comply.

On the home front, 2 of my nieces state that they will continue to wear their masks, even though they've had the jabs, b/c "they just know that unjabbed people will be going mask free. Hello... they are "protected" so why should they care? Hypocrisy and idiocy at it's finest.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Today, I encountered a FIRST in my state. I went into grocer, and Lowes. In each store, I encountered a single person w/o a mask, so I immediately removed my face shield, and I was not accosted. In the feed store, a patron came in as I was finishing my sale. He did the head smack, and stated he'd forgotten his mask. The salesman said, "Don't worry about it!" Folks, this is completely new. Prior to today, sales associates would immediately tell the customer to mask up or leave. Police arrive in force if one does not comply.

On the home front, 2 of my nieces state that they will continue to wear their masks, even though they've had the jabs, b/c "they just know that unjabbed people will be going mask free. Hello... they are "protected" so why should they care? Hypocrisy and idiocy at it's finest.
LG, that's so good to hear, especially in YOUR state. I haven't worn a mask into a business for a long, long time now and only did that a few times throughout this whole event, as most places found it was just too much of a battle to keep up with policing this thing. Their employees are tired of wearing masks, they are tired of asking people to wear a mask, etc. Most places just have a box of masks and a bottle of sanitizer by the door for patrons who want them and that's good enough.

The other day I went into a place I'd never been before and there were no less than 3 large signs on the door about the masks~this was in OH, which had been pretty strict on such things~so I dug my face shield out of the floor of the car and put it on, walked in and had to laugh out loud. Not a single person in there had a mask on, both patrons and employees alike, and there were a lot of folks in there. I felt ashamed to even be wearing that face shield, so I hurried to take it off and proceeded with my business.

It's a brief respite before the storm....gear up and buckle down because it's coming.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Agreed with you, this is just a tiny little respite before they trot out the next crisis. Reminds me of all the evil experiments done on rats and other animals, including humans. They found that intermittent reinforcement, either negative or positive was actually more effective than consistent reinforcement.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
HUH????? Exactly what are you supposed to "check in"?
They're already "gender" neutral toilets 🤮

Everyone in the state is supposed to have a phone ap which reads QR codes everywhere you go. Everyone is supposed to check in via QR or physically sign in. (With the same pen touching the same sheet of paper with contact details freely available to anyone who walks past). When a case of covid is detected, they release the places the infected visited and everyone else who was there has to get tested and self isolate.

We have zero community transmission, the only time we have had cases this year, is when a guard at quarantine catches it and goes out into the community. And when that happens, its instant lockdown of the city anyway. Im 400kms away from the city.

Makes that true off grid dream all the more appealing again.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
1621428404460.png

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.