Corraling Clothespins

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Part of my issue is weather. I don't like to leave clothespins on the line because they get nasty quickly. It's wet here. I tried plastic clothespins, but they were garbage in comparison to the wooden ones. So I just take the pins on and off each time. I actually like this better, too, because then when I hang bedlinens and big towels I don't have to go thru and remove clothespins first to make room.

And no, I don't have pulleys. They are a part of my dream clothesline system, though.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
gettinaclue said:
I don't have near that many either! I use an empty bleach bottle with a hole cut in it towards the top - large enough not to hit my hand when I grab them. I also have a small notch cut on the handle so it will hang on the line as I use it. Just slid it down as needed.
My mom does that too. :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I used to have a really nice clothespin bag. I don't know what happened to it. But, it had a metal hanger and slid along the clothesline quite well.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Didn't someone here make one out of a little girl's dress last year?

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WZ, yes they did. It was very cute!!!! I skipped that idea though. The last time I had a cloth bag, it dry rotted in a year. I've had the same bleach bottle for 3 years now LOL.

Of course, I left it out on the line. These days, my bleach bottle lives in the clothes basket that I take the clothes out in (unless I'm actively hanging out clothes).

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can you use the indoor lines for the loads that have bunches of little stuff and not use pins there? I got to the point where I just lay socks, rags, family cloth over the line. I don't even try to straighten them out and they still dry fine.

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had this thing- imagine a thick, plastic S hook that looks more like a Z. I'm not sure where it came from, it's in this little basket of empty containers and other useful things that lives in my basement pantry.

My friend who's moving to finish her lab practicum gave me a bunch of bags and shoes. One of them is an Old Navy bag that's about the size of a big cereal box and has long handles. It's plasticy stuff, certainly weather resistant.

I hooked the handles over the Z hook, and put all my pins in it, and it works beautifully. I even have a pocket and extra room. And it was free! Yay!

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been using one of those plastic clippy link rings I snagged from my kids toy box attached to a fabric shopping bag, I bring the shopping bag in when not in use but the ring stays on the liner. I also have one of those rings holding the sink drain open (because it's broken in the closed position) Those rings are pretty handy for both kid entertainment and around the house and all the yard sales with kids stuff have them cheap.