Cost of herd share??

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Could you call your local extension agent and see if you can locate someone that way? I would check with the local 4-H groups too cause you could work something out with them on the sly if need be. There was an ad on CL here for goat milk shares but she was a dairy farm and I'm pretty sure that the way she was advertising she was pastuerizing the milk.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
See if there is a chapter of the Weston A. Price Foundation within an hour or two of where you live. These people will know where every farm selling raw milk is. Sometimes this information is kept secret until you are trusted, however, due to the harassment that these farmers receive from the Milk Nazis.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I talked to the local goat farmer. She is a few miles farther from me than I thought, but it might be worth it. I'll meet her and the goats next week. Just in conversing I'd say she and I are on the same wavelength. She may have even helped me find a new source of chicken feed without GMOs. :celebrate So, thanks yourbadd for starting this thread. :gig

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I heard back from the farm up here by me....$60 one time fee per share purchased. Each share is approx. 1/20th of a cow. Their herd produces on average 20 gallon of milk per week. It would get me at least 1 gallon of milk per week. Monthly boarding fees per share is $21. That roughs out to $5.25 a gallon for raw milk. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me!!