Could you live in an 84 sq ft home?

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would want a little more space than that, but I think it's really cool! I'd need a place for my sewing machine. We are thinking about 800 square feet for our retirement house. (If we don't end up staying here)

We have a little over 1,800 square feet. It is bigger than we need, no question. But, I keep telling myself, when my little son is older, OUR house will be the house all his friends come to. I tried to do that with my older son, but he's geeky, like me & John, and doesn't really care to have friends over that much... but he doesn't go anywhere else, either.

Cassandra

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Could I live in an 84 sq ft home? In a nutshell--if I had to. We would all be surprised what we could do if we had to.

I don't have to. So I won't :)

PS, the video won't work for me

Joebwe25

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Yes. I could, amazingly.
I could either live in a HUGE mansion or a tiny house in the country.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
If it were just me, I would LOVE to live in an 84sq foot home! With hubby and son it wouldn't be big enough...but just for me, for sure!

ParsonsWife

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:idunno Uhmmm....I seem to have trouble getting our stuff in a 1500 sq ft parsonage! As a matter of fact....I have things outside in tubs under the carport...that couldn't come in!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I don't know- I had to live in a small recreation type trailer for 6 months and I hated it- It was raining almost everyday and it was cold and I hit my head a million times a day- which may explain some things. I had to plan laying out my clothes on the bed because that was the only place with enough room to stand up and bend over.
Would not want that again.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If I had to. Sometimes the four of us, one dog, and whatever chicks I might have at the time live in a travel trailer that is less than 200 sq. ft. Of course this is on a temporary basis for a few weeks to a few months. When we come home I feel like my 1,000 sq. ft. home is a mansion.

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We had to shove our family of 7 into a 500sq ft two winters ago, while we waited to get into the house we were in now. It was the only affordable rental in the area that was a seasonal rental (we didn't want a year long contract).

We barely survived, we were so grouchy, wanted to all kill each other (not literally) but it was awful. The kitchen table was a foot in front of the couch. The sink wasn't even big enough to wash the baby in, there was no tub, just a shower stall w/ no heat (no insulation either) in the bathroom. Nobody had any privacy or any space to themselves. there were no closets, we had bins piled up on the porch for storage/closet space (dishes, sweaters, etc)

If we hadn't been buried in (snow literally to the roof on two sides of the house for most of the winter) it wouldn't have been so bad.
I don't think i could survive something smaller. I NEED space, I don't like bumping into walls as I walk by.