Counteract caffeine jitters?

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ugh ... I am not sure what's wrong with me. I drank a cup of coffee this morning, with grits and bacon. I don't drink coffee often, and when I do it's usually only 1/2 cup. I do like to mix cocoa powder in my coffee. Total coffee consumption so far during 2011 is probably 5-6 cups. I REALLY don't drink it often. I do drink a lot of sweet tea though, but maybe less this past few weeks as I've craved a lotof water.

I have terrible shaky-feeling jitters I just can't get rid of? I had some leftover bread and cheese with tomato sauce. My brain tells me I'm hungry cuz the shaky jitters used to come from low blood sugar for me, but that's been rare in the past 7 years or so.

Is there a way to get rid of this awful feeling? My muscles all over feel too weak to do ANYthing (even hold my phone). I've got too much to do to feel like this and the day's mostly over.

Not sure what's up with me lately. This seems like one of a string of things. Suddenly MSG makes me very ill. Suddenly I can't function if I miss a night's sleep. Suddenly I getdehydrated easily. Suddenly I can't handle caffeine. When I'm well, I feelfine, but it seems like over the past year I've become VERY sensitive to things it being "just right" with me.

Icant figure out what's up? But I'd love to getrid of these jitters!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I had something similar going on and it was soy allergy...could be food allergy related? I can no longer handle caffeine either. I attributed my issues to salt, but tunrs out it was the soy in the soy sauce, not the sodium :hu It could also be a result of dehydration. I get really shakey when dehydrated. Not to be gross, but if your pee is very yellow, you need fluids ASAP. The "hunger" could be your body being thirsty instead of hungry. It is often confused with hunger. Drink some water, no tea just in case the caffeine is a issue, and eat a little something.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks, WBF. I've been sipping water and peach/cranberry juice, and had some bits to eat. Been doing that all day actually ... Sigh. Still the same so far. At least it WILL go away sooner or later.

Maybe you are onto something with food allergies? I went for groceries yesterday (to the city) and ate a sandwich from Wendy's for lunch. Something else I very rarely do ... Last one was about a year ago. Maybe something in there I am allergic to.

I jus don't know, but now I think back, times in these past months I felt really bad were after a trip to the city. Maybe it IS something in the food ...

Thanks again.