County Sues Farmer, Cites Too Many Crops

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Those of you in the city or suburbs trying to be more SS should take note. Don't try to be too SS.

County Sues Farmer, Cites Too Many Crops

I realize that this may have to do more with him operating a business where one isn't zoned, but geeze! The property has been re-zoned, so it obviously isn't/wasn't causing a problem.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yowza. Grows food to give away and sell at farmer's markets. To give away. Yeah, let's slap him with a $5000 fine. How dare he.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Besides that, who'd wanna buy something from a guy next door when you can get it shipped all the way from China?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea it has to do with "employees" and such more than the actual growing of crops I would think they threw all charges at him to try to make something "stick" lol

never, ever live in "city limits" if you can help it lol if ya want to have some true free choices in your life

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Of all the things happening in a county during a single day, I think "guy grows too many vegetables and has people over" has got to be somewhere BELOW meth house, child abuse, parole violations and theft on the priority list.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Amen! to all of the above. This just seems like the county needs money, and they see the farmer as just another source of income for them and as an evil farmer who is giving away food that could be sold and taxed! :rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow if anyone truly had the time, could ya imagine the violations you could truly find on the "county"

probably tons out there

things the "county" was supposed to enforce and they haven't....the rules "they" don't follow lol

payback ---but who has the time to find "the county's violations"

shame, suing the county would be fun I am sure lol lol

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
We need to start an e-mail campaign, telling Dekalb County Georgia officials just how senseless they really are. :rolleyes:

http://www.co.dekalb.ga.us/

What dept would you go to, to find their "code enforcement"???

Latest posts