!#+%! COYOTES!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I wonder if there are motion-detector lights that are solar powered. Hmmmmm ...

I don't have electricity to the barn but that's a thought. Actually, maybe on the far side of the pasture too ...

I am not sure of the cost, but it's worth looking into. Thanks. I need to find what works to hopefully keep it from happening again.

Though I thought I'd done enough to prevent itthis time. Short of locking them in a concrete bunker, I wonder if it's possible to be SURE.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hmmmm Bee.

I don't know how cautious they are but I was thinking of that. They aren't legal here without permits. Then again, the law isn't protecting my livestock (not their job anyway) andi suspect it would be a very look-the-other-way kind of thing.

But I don't have one, and not sure how to get one if they aren't legal. I know some folks here I can ask tho, and others back home. Making a quick trip there next week so ... Maybe.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know there are lights that are powered by solar so I would think you could find ones that are motion detectors.

Don't blame yourself, there is nothing that you could have done. I don't think it would have mattered if they were in the barn or out in the field. Those coyotes were hungry and probably nothing would have stopped them. Plus it still may not have made enough of a ruckus in the field. It is going to take a while to get over this. Hopefully at some point someone will get those coyotes. :hugs

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Sorry about the loss of your does! I would be devastated to lose my preggy girls right now. I feel for you! :hugs