craft shows

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmerchick, I've never heard of selling crafts at farmers' markets. I don't think we have anything like that around here, but it sure would be nice. I think I'm just a bit too close to the suburbs.
And yes, Bimpnottin, that's what I was thinking. I've seen on Etsy people who charge ridiculously low prices for things like afghans, and I don't get it!!!
I have three craft shows for the holiday season and we'll see how they go. Turns out one that I applied for said that last year they had all sorts of people asking for handmade American Girl clothes and nobody had them. She was very happy that I applied. :)

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I do craft shows now and then but I only do one or two a year. Most "crafts" at craft shows are filled with el cheapo crafts like plasic canvas (yikes) and crazy patterned stuff. I just wouldn't sell ANYTHING at those, so why go? I'm doing on in December that's has a pretty good vendor list. Most people who buy plastic canvas magnets would look at my felted things and wonder what the heck it was and who would pay those prices. :lol: I'm also debuting my soap this December. I have high hopes!

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
I do craft shows now and then but I only do one or two a year. Most "crafts" at craft shows are filled with el cheapo crafts like plasic canvas (yikes) and crazy patterned stuff. I just wouldn't sell ANYTHING at those, so why go? I'm doing on in December that's has a pretty good vendor list. Most people who buy plastic canvas magnets would look at my felted things and wonder what the heck it was and who would pay those prices. :lol: I'm also debuting my soap this December. I have high hopes!
What kind of felted stuff to you do? I've been doing needle felting and I also use wool craft felt to make things. But you're right, anyone who's trying to compete can't with the cheapo stuff. And people don't understand quality and the time that goes in to stuff, unless they do it themselves, and then they don't buy it.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Bimpnottin said:
What kind of felted stuff to you do?
I do all kinds. I do needle felted scenes and ornaments. I also make things out of felted sweaters, like purses. And I knit and then felt items, like coffee sweaters (or cozies) or little change purses and things.

Gallina Vecchia

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I saw felted soap somewhere...it was really pretty. Do you make that? That felting is tough work. I made a felted purse and really learned to keep my hand out of the way. It took a long time, but turned out really pretty.

Latest posts