Crazy Science??

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Yep. What OFG said. Seriously, why can't man leave well enough alone? They gotta stick their greedy little hands in the pot and mess up the natural order of things, with the guise it will help matters, when all it will do in fill their greedy pockets.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
birth control for deer?
thats just stupid. i bet there are hungry people in that community that wish:

1. they could have a descent meal that includes meat
2. that someone would spend that money feeding them

wow.
Exactly! AND might I point out they are much easier on the environment than cattle...plus they are bit like rats up here, they seem to survive in urban areas just fine.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
birth control for deer?
thats just stupid. i bet there are hungry people in that community that wish:

1. they could have a descent meal that includes meat
2. that someone would spend that money feeding them

wow.
Exactly! AND might I point out they are much easier on the environment than cattle...plus they are bit like rats up here, they seem to survive in urban areas just fine.
Yes, but they casue so many accidents colliding with cars. When we lived in the city, deer were prevalent, and alot of car/deer crashes happened. Funy, you would think the natural way to eradicate this would be to open up a hunting season(bow) for urban deer. But no, the city dwellers thought that was cruel. :smack Much better to give thm birth control. Uggh.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I also think the deer population has to be handled different in alot of areas....neighborhoods and cities.

When I lived in Jersey deer would come right into the backyards at hunting time. Sure, they were safe from the hunters in the woods not far away from the neighborhood. After the season, back they went to the woods. No pressure and they were very used to backyards, people and that way of life.

So extra hunting in a way might not handle a problem if you can't get into populated areas to hunt some deer.

GD is right. Go after the cruddier of the population and don't vaccinate, elminate and give to be processed to feed people.

Vaccines to stop birth will also change the herd. If you take all the good genes off the market and miss the sickly, cruddy, deer, then the re-population of the future could be crappy also.

Notice the deer in the pic on the article. Says vaccinated deer. UH, how do they know? Is there a radio chip inside the sucker cause I don't see a collar to indicate or anything showing it has been vaccinated...maybe a tatooo in the ear or something? lol I can see our wonderful people vaccinating the same deer over and over again HAHAHA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
and then I wonder truly---what great mind is out there thinking they can put this stuff in the water to stop some human births?

hmmmm......

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL I think that line sure does apply Miss

this does have wrong all over it :lol: