Crazy Thoughts

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hope I put this in the right category.

I'm thinking about posting a wanted ad on Freecycle for a "free" acre. I would never take posession of it but would be able to put goats and more chickens on it so that I could get milk from the goats and meat from the poultry. Do you guys think anyone would seriously do this?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I would let you put your goats on my acre :D in return for hedging and a little milk!!!!! Just bring them up to N. Western Washington!

Hey, I'm not kidding, I would totally let someone do this. It would keep my not so better half off of my back about the "no more mouths to feed" rule!!

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hedging?

I'm afraid that might be too long a drive for me to make daily. LOL

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Absolutely! Around here people let others have animals to graze the land so they don't have to mow it!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hedging like with hedge clippers. Am I making up words again?! Sorry.

I am sure someone out there would love to do that for you as I would though.

(I'm going to freecycle right now to post my wanted ad...you just gave me a brilliant idea!!)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
On Craigslist around here there are folks who rent their goats (for quite a bit of cash, I might add) to clean up people's out of control back yards. GO GREEN!!

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Aidenbaby said:
I hope I put this in the right category.

I'm thinking about posting a wanted ad on Freecycle for a "free" acre. I would never take posession of it but would be able to put goats and more chickens on it so that I could get milk from the goats and meat from the poultry. Do you guys think anyone would seriously do this?
I know you're in Colorado but I would imagine that you're probably pretty far from me. I'd let you put some goats and chickens out here in a heartbeat. We've been looking for some goats who would actually stay out with the horses in the pasture and eat the darn weeds and we wouldn't even notice a few more chickens out here.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea if the others are willing.

for me, I dealt wtih "others" from horse boarding, trading pasture for this and that and honestly, only ICK!!! came of it....hurt feelings, he said, she said, I promise to..but it wasn't enough. Or it was mis-understood.

PUT it all in writing!!! And then, WRITE it down again and again....LOL

People seem to "know" the deal, til it happens and then minds get changed.