CreativeTwinsZoo's journal of self sufficancy

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hubby's been talking about getting one of those. LMK how you like it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's really cool! Congrats!

I didn't know you could can in a pressure cooker...for some reason I always thought a canner is a canner and a cooker is a cooker... Never too old to learn something new I guess! :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It depends on the cooker. You can't can in all of them.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Denim Deb, I'll for sure let you all know :D my mom has one and she's cooked some ribs in it once an omg! They were soooo good! I wanted it primarily because of the canning though ;)

@frustratedearthmother I had no idea previously either! I thought they were separated too!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have two- a big All American pressure canner for my canning needs, and a little Presto pressure cooker that isn't a whole lot bigger than a 3quart saucepan that I use for getting dinner ready in a hurry (it does a bang-up job on Swiss Steak!).

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yay! Bunch a pretty eggs from our grown ladies, of which are all now laying!!! :D
IMG_20141117_115449.jpg

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Phew it has been a busy day!
Got pens all cleaned and everyone that I could handle handled a bit, weedwhacked the yard (well, at least till the trimmer line ran out) and finished laying brick edging around the back of the house.
Cleaned house pretty hardcore and got the craft room back to proper working order.
Also the little Chickie's are outside rather than inside for the first time tonight, got a little set up with a kiddie pool and chicken wire wrapped around it and a cover over the top. (And of course the heater lamp on the side! :) )
I feel accomplished!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Phew it has been a busy day!
Got pens all cleaned and everyone that I could handle handled a bit, weedwhacked the yard (well, at least till the trimmer line ran out) and finished laying brick edging around the back of the house.
Cleaned house pretty hardcore and got the craft room back to proper working order.
Also the little Chickie's are outside rather than inside for the first time tonight, got a little set up with a kiddie pool and chicken wire wrapped around it and a cover over the top. (And of course the heater lamp on the side! :) )
I feel accomplished!

Latest posts