CreativeTwinsZoo's journal of self sufficancy

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just starting here and what better way for Q and A's than lovely journals???

OK, to start of with a name, Creativetwinszoo is my name! :)

Where I live? In a house my twin and I just got at the beggining of the year (not super big, but great begginer home for sure!)

We have critters... Lots of em it seems to haha ^,^; let's see
We have one lolly-pup whom was rescued from a bad situation and given a loving forever home with us :3
There's my two aquariums, ones a 45 gal hexagonal with mollies, betta fish, zebra danios and a pkecostomus. Also a 55 gal long, it has African cichlids. Convicts, Dempsey's and I'm forgetting the last breed like always -rollseyes-
The twin has a turtle who was as well a rescue :)
Chickens, 2 barred rooks, 3 golden sexlinks, a bcm, a wheaten and someday more :D
And 3 Swedish blue ducks
We're hoping to add rabbits soon (for meat and fur)

I like to to to reduce, reuse and recycle as much as possible. Sometimes I believe I drive people nuts with it :/

OK off to check out what other questions I can add/answer!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1. What state/province/country are you in and what is your climate like?
Az, USA. In the area I live in its really only got two weather types. Hot as all heck and pleasant. Sucky sometimes but great for year round planting/gardening!

2. How many people are in your family? Marital status?

6 people in the immediate family. 7 if my sister from another mister can be included ;p though currently I only live with my twin

3. How would you define self sufficiency?

Self sufficiency I guess can be defined on many MANY different things. I think for me its being able to do things. Especially things you never in your wildest dreams thought you could.

4. What would you do with your spare time if you had any resources you needed?

What wouldn't I do? Lol, soooo much stuff I'd do!!

5. Have you ever built a house , or other types of building? Do you want to?

I'm not super experienced with building things like houses or carpentry but I've built a few small... Like super small projects. If I could have my dream house yes, yes I would definatly try to build it!

6. Can you weld? Steel, aluminum, MiG, TiG, stick, Oxy-Acet?

I've never hard core weilded but I took jewelry classes in school and assume its kinda the same as sauntering joints and such together, but not honestly sure. Its definatly a skill I need to pick up though!

7. Who or what inspired you to become more self sufficient?

Some of its probably how I was raised. More of its probably by hearing oh you can't do that or that because of this or that while growing up. Also as stated earlier in my intro today's day and age is very throw away society. Not to mention the chemicals and such. Nasty, gross and more than uncalled for.

8 Cloth or paper?

This questions not so clear. If its about groceries I prefer cloth reusable bags :)

9. In what ways are you self sufficient now and in what ways would you like to learn more?

Well we got chickens awhile ago right after we got the house so we're raising hens for laying and the roosters we garner from straight run will/are going to freezer camp.
In the near future we hope to turn our front yard into a full on garden! :) also I'm self learning how to make quilts, soaps,candles whatever I can :)

10. In what way(s) will you never choose to become self sufficient?

Toilet paper probably. And lady products.
Don't really think I need to go into detail on that one lol

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Day 2
Was a meh day. Just work stuff and Whatnots kinda blah boring.
Though we got two eggs ;D as well as some pretty feathers and the unknown squash plant has flowers!! Woot!!!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
11. Are you interested in stocking up for future needs?
Yes, weather its physical assets or knowledge.

12. Where do you end up when you sink into yourself, away from the outside world?
H
mmm... Usually I end up writing in a novel or drawing or crafting something

13. Can you drive a farm tractor or a semi?

Not 100% sure on the tractor, if its like my dads big old lawnmower probably could ;) a semi no, I can't really drive stick

14. Do you make crafts or useful items? Would you want to teach others how to do these?

I like to think I can craft a few useful things (I'm pretty OK with hand sewing) I craft a lot, though the usefulness of these crafts is varied haha •,•;
I don't mind teaching what I know, so long as the audience is willing to listen and learn

15. Can you have legally livestock where you are at? Do you have any? What kinds?

Debates on what zones your in in the area and what's considered livestock. We have chickens,ducks and if we wanted can legally keep one goat

16. Can you operate a lathe? Metal, wood?
I have no idea what a lathe is....

17. Do you like to garden? If so, what do you enjoy growing?

I doooo!!!! Anything I can eat/use! Oh and will grow out here, I have kind of a Lil bit of a brown thumb....

18. Do you fish? Bait or explosives?

Yes, when I can I fish. Bait, though explosives sound awesome they'd probably harm more than do good for 'em

19. How much space/land do you have or rent? City? Country?

Im not sure our space age... Got a decent sized backyard as well as front yard. Live in the city most unforunate

20. Are you a Novice, Technician, General, Advanced? ARRL?

Uh.... Very new?

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Phew busy busy day!! Worked 7-5, and still managed to have time to hurriedly clean the coop woot woot! Glad I did too! We got 3 hens laying now!!! :celebrate

IMG_20141017_183723:nopm:.jpg

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have another layer!!!! :'D
Also finally got the burner so we are currently set either tomorrow or Wednesday for freezer camp prep! o_O
Its also raining super hard out right now, weather that's rarely seen down here in az lol
Hope everyone's doing well and been having great days!!:):D

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's way mega early this morning (530 when I start this journal!) I want to sleep but can't... Especially now that the roosters have started crowing.... -_-

Its gonna be a long day, but thankfully I don't work today :'D
Hope everyone's having a good mornings ng/day!