CreativeTwinsZoo's journal of self sufficancy

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
21. What is your self sufficient specialty? Or what one would you like to learn?
Not sure I really have a specialty yet, bit I like to learn new things and try new things! Plus I'm always trying to reduce reuse and recycle just about everything! (I make a lot of art things and crafts that way!) I like to dabble a lot, so I guess a little bit of everything :)

22. If you could create a degree and curriculum, what would you major in and what classes would you take?

Hmmm.... I've not much thought of collage as at this time its too much $$$ and not enough of a return. But if I were to spend the money I think id take vet classes (so I could properly treat/diagnose my animals)

23. Do you do wood work? framing, finish, cabinet?

I'm not really much good with work working but I'm learning ;) my current experience is with cutting/shaping boards for glass mosaics. I've also made a cover for a turtle tank and a chicken roost that's starting to fall apart (I don't think my cuts were even entirely! :'( )

24. Are you interested in herbal medicine?

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Especially with how many side effects concocted drugs have! Plus if a shtf situation happened eventually drugs will run out and I am no doctor I couldn't tell one pill from another all mixed up!
Little side note, Did you know a guy named Simpson made a cannibus oil (called Simpson oil) that fights against and can cure cancer?!? (Please check it out if you've time or know someone with cancer who wants nothing to do with chemo!!!)

25. If you could live any place you chose, where would it be?

Hmmmmm, someplace with at least a few acres (max 10-15) four seasons (preferably light winters- but that is a dream there lol!) And soil without too many rocks :) oh! And most important! Cool neighbors for which to spend time with and trade homemade goodies! ;)

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So we went and did it again... Got some more chicks lol. Buff orpingtons I think their only a few days old and straight run. So hopefully will get lucky and have all hens with these Lil ones too!! >,<
IMG_20141020_193248.jpg

Such cute Lil flyffies!!! They always get us when their adorable and tiny. It always scare me cuz I got big old hham/man hands instead of Lil lady hands haha >,< got me some hard working hands!
IMG_20141020_193308.jpg

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You need to crop that pic and put that chick in for the caption contest.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You need to crop that pic and put that chick in for the caption contest.

Heehee <3 that'd be cool! Except I need to find an app for my phone ;_; it won't allow me to crop like it once did, stinky updates!!!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Soooo, today's been to interesting.
Was getting ready for work and mom messaged my dad got hurt at work and he was going to urgent care/hospital.
He's got a broken knee and is scheduled tomorrow or Monday at latest for surgery.... Which is a super long time to wait if you ask me -_-

Also may be getting rabbits!!! Woot! Which means rabbit stew once they get settled and breeding well :)

Also more picture of the cuties!!!
download_20141021_154401.jpeg

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Quick update! Dad will be having surgery tomorrow morning!

Also no rabbits today :/

And its the dreaded day tomorrow... Its freezer camp day. :fl here to hoping everything goes well! Especially since its our first time doing this!!:barnie:(:confused:

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sending positive thoughts for your dad. Hope everything goes well. :fl

Thank you!!! He's going in for surgery right now, so thankfully they could get him in quick. I can only imagine the pain he's in right now even with painkillers! (Last October my leg got ran over just above and below my knee, I got lucky very lucky! No broken bones, no fracture just terrible bruising and swelling.) Hopefully he'll heal up well because dad does not like laying around doing nothing and knowing him he's gonna get bored really fast with doctors restrictions.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
with a broken knee, he'd better pay attention to those restrictions or he will be suffering for a lot longer!

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
with a broken knee, he'd better pay attention to those restrictions or he will be suffering for a lot longer!

I know! He's stubbern though :/ if he wants to go do things he's going to do it regardless. Couple months back ghostybdad wore shorts and a sleeveless shirt while boating on the lake. He got horrific sunburns, the doctor said they were 3rd degree and he needed to remain in bed and do as little work as possible. He was out putzing round the yard three days later giving himself issues