CrimsonRose's Cataloged Catastrophes! Electric went out Bator got cold

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Awesome! I think I may have actually been there before. Cool place. But it was before we were doing all of the things we're trying to do now so I'm sure I'd appreciate it much more now!!

I think we're going to go up to Kidron at some point soon. Everyone keeps telling me about "Amish Country" and all of the neat stores I need to go to!!

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yeah I'm only a stones throw away from a nice size Mennonite community there in bainbridge... They have a nice little greenhouse place that is super cheap on plants in the spring, They have a produce auction in the summer, and then there is JR's I love it!!! My SisterInLaw lives out there and last summer when I got into canning and such she told me about all these cool places... I could have smacked her for holding out on me... She shops there but isn't into the whole SS thing... So it's just a nice little shop to get a few spices for her... It's like my dream store! So these cool places have been so close to me for years and I didn't have a clue!

But I've heard tell of "Amish" country too but have no clue where it is or where the shops are at? so where is Kidron? are the shops easy to find there or are they out in the middle of nowhere... where I would get lost if I took a road trip to find them? :gig

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea!!! Lol. I'll have to let you know when (if) I ever find my way around up there. I've never been there myself so I'm hoping its easy to find/navigate. Mapquest says its about 2 1/2 hrs from our neck of the woods so we'll probably make it a day trip soon. I'm looking for a few good things (grain mill, etc) to stock my kitchen up with.

And is there anyway we can get notifications or something when we login to tell us that there are new posts on something we posted on? Do I subscribe to the post? Sorry to hijack ur thread btw!!

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Kala said:
And is there anyway we can get notifications or something when we login to tell us that there are new posts on something we posted on? Do I subscribe to the post? Sorry to hijack ur thread btw!!
I am not 100% sure but I don't think you can here... I think it is a feature they plan to ad soon though... And no worries about the hijack I'm always looking for new cool places to shop that actually have items I want!!! :gig

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok I did take pics earlier but had a hard time finding the cord to my camera to upload the pics...

Anyhow here they are as promised!
Our new arrivals! Born earlier today They are New Zealands the mom is black and the dad is white
IMG_9301.jpg

Here is a pic of the last batch of babies we had over the winter... They are 9 weeks old now These two girls we are keeping... the spotted on is flemish giant the white one new zealand
IMG_9303.jpg

Then here is a pic of the left over boys we still have... I call this the piggie pen! :lol:
IMG_9322.jpg

then here is a pic of the black flemish girls we still have... 2 of them were camera shy...

IMG_9329.jpg

Then here is a few pics of my mom's and pops!

The evil Speckles... The one I'm hoping is at least a good mom...
IMG_9316.jpg

Then here is a picture of the Checkered Giant that I got for FREE! He has a full pedigree and won several BOB at a few rabbit shows!
His name is papatooie
IMG_9328.jpg

He is such a ham... he is stretching out so I will scratch his head...
IMG_9327.jpg

This is SnowWhite... we tried to breed her a few times in fall and it wouldn't take... I've tried 2 times this year and she still refused... so that 2nd time I left her in with the buck for a few days... let's hope it took this time or she may be destined for the stew pot...
IMG_9311.jpg

Here is our mini rex (last batch of rabbits I bought the guy tossed this little fella in with the batch...) He is so cute and loveable.. His name is MR. Fluffertons...
IMG_9336.jpg

Then here is my baby... my shy little big foot...
IMG_9341.jpg

And my other baby... Big Momma! Oh and my REAL baby Lexi... she is the one in the pink! :lol:

IMG_92812.jpg

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Now that's a lot of bunny to be holding!

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:woot we have 10 more babies! :weee Speckles turned out to be a good mom so far! nice nest FULL of fur and squirmy babies! They are going to be so cute! most are spotted but I think one or 2 will be black like speckles mama... wow if all these live that will put us up to 43 rabbits :th :bun

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yay Speckles!!! No stew pot for her!!!

43 babies, wow!! Oh and Mr Papatotie is the most handsome rabbit ever.

Ok give me a run down. How long have you been breeding? How did you learn about rabbits and who does the deed??? :sick

I would love to try but I haven't managed a chicken yet. So that's my first goal.

g