Cruddy Cold that Never Ends

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
Only two weeks?

Try having two or three colds back to back for four months. That's no fun at all. (Neither is working in a daycare either.)

During that time, I lived on gallons of homeade chicken soup. With a ton of Louisiana hot sauce added. And Garlic bread. And I'm not talking regular garlic bread, I mean GARLIC bread. I used at least one- two bulbs of garlic with the butter to make up one french loaf.

It cleared up eventually, but I felt totally tanked. I only knew I was getting better when I actually thought about shopping and felt thrilled. :p
OMG, the first winter my son was in daycare was hellish. Since then, I seem to be properly innoculated, lol. I hadn't gotten sick for a very, very long time.

It has gotten better over the last three days. Still snoring at night. My fiance rolls me over occassionally. Me = very heavy sleeper. Him = not so much.

:gig

kristenm1975

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Neko-chan, daycares are the devil. I worked in one for about 4 years and was almost non-stop sick the whole time. Endless colds of course, flu, strep throat, scarlet fever, bronchitis for months that cracked ribs from such hard coughing... The only thing I didn't get that went through that place was lice and that's only because the girls who worked there obsessively checked each other almost daily. Yuck. I don't recommend daycares for either children or workers.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
kristenm1975 said:
Neko-chan, daycares are the devil. I worked in one for about 4 years and was almost non-stop sick the whole time. Endless colds of course, flu, strep throat, scarlet fever, bronchitis for months that cracked ribs from such hard coughing... The only thing I didn't get that went through that place was lice and that's only because the girls who worked there obsessively checked each other almost daily. Yuck. I don't recommend daycares for either children or workers.
Same here. 3 years of illness. And the worst year was the one when I succumbed to the flu shot stupidity.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
kristenm1975 said:
Same here. 3 years of illness. And the worst year was the one when I succumbed to the flu shot stupidity.
Agreed! The flu shot year was the worst - we all got influenza A. How awful!

My son even got MUMPS because of daycare!

I was just getting over whatever cold this is until my son and fiance got it and now I have it all over again. :(