Dacjohns--Changes

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Cassandra said:
Great to learn some things about you, dacjohns. But now you are more mysterious than ever! :)

What's the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Cassandra
What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

dacjohns

Reaction score
punkin said:
I would love to have a big spread of land like you do. What do you do on your acerage? , if anything other than your outdoor recreation.
I mostly look at it and think about all the work that needs to be done. Sometimes I fish in the pond. During deer season I hunt. I mow the weeds. I used to camp here but why camp when you have a house.

dacjohns

Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
Where do you go back packing?
My last backpacking trip was on the Ice Age Trail in Wisconsin. I have three Grand Canyon backpacking trips. One trip in the Galiuoro Wilderness near Tucson. That's all for the last 5 years. There are some trips I want to make near here, River to River Trail in Southern Illinois and the North-South Trail at Land Between the Lakes Recreation in Kentucky and Tennessee.

Dream trip, The Appalachian Trail.

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you decide to do the Appalachain Trail you'll pass about 4 mi. west of us

dacjohns

Reaction score
Education.

I am a bit over-educated. I have had to write so many papers that I tend to get a little peeved at obviously improper grammar and spelling. On BYC I started a thread where I ranted about it. I was gone during the day and when I got back home the thread had been removed. I didn't even get to read my own thread. I heard it got pretty ugly.

I have an Associate Degree in Liberal Arts from Inver Hills Community College, Inver Grove Heights, MN.

A Bachelor of Arts Degree in Biology from California State University, San Bernardino.

A Master of Science in International Relations from Troy State University, Fort Bragg, NC extension center.

I have taken many other course from different schools, both traditional classroom and distance learning. Some of these courses are photography, surveying, various biology courses, plumbing, and astronomy.

I also have a bunch of military courses.

Remember, spell check doesn't catch everything.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On BYC I started a thread where I ranted about it. I was gone during the day and when I got back home the thread had been removed. I didn't even get to read my own thread. I heard it got pretty ugly.

******I bet that thread went insane. I would loved to have read it! :(
Watching others get riled up is a fun time for me ...LOL...Muuhahaha

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
On BYC I started a thread where I ranted about it. I was gone during the day and when I got back home the thread had been removed. I didn't even get to read my own thread. I heard it got pretty ugly.

******I bet that thread went insane. I would loved to have read it! :(
Watching others get riled up is a fun time for me ...LOL...Muuhahaha
Farmerchick, you are so bad. :lol:

dacjohns

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if I am a thread killer. I've participated in a few threads that got locked. Watch out.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ut oh...we need a title that says Troublemaker!
We've been warned!

Oh---my dream is to hike the App Trail also...but I doubt it will happen. I had maps, everything in planning stages and got married. buzz kill big time! :( maybe, you never know!

dacjohns

Reaction score
27 female chickens and 1 egg today. Those young girls better start laying. The old girls better get on the ball too.

Yesterday I put fresh straw in all the nest boxes. Today I was gone most of the day so the chickens had to stay in the coop in run. They must have been mad. They kicked all the straw out of the boxes.